GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Clash of the MKVI K04s - Unitronic K04 GTI vs Revo K04 GTI (HD VIDEO)

maskari_gti1

Go Kart Champion
That alone if its working effectively gives you about a 20 whp advantage across the rpm range its being sprayed. Cant really call it Uni vs Revo

Just coz he's not running WMI doesn't mean you can't call it a Uni vs Revo! Plus, it was just for us to see the power difference between our cars.

Or shall I just name it Maskari vs Black Power ?? Just saying .. :rolleyes:

reillyse

Go Kart Champion

from an email exchange I had from Jeff@HSTuning. An APR/UNI dealer.....

" It's been our experience that the APR K04 V2.x cars leave nothing on the table when compared to the other tuners. We've had a few other customers inquire about that and it piqued our curiosity. We'd noticed that the APR DSG K04 cars didn't feel as strong as the 6 speed manuals we'd done so we started looking into it. We found a number of things on the cars we looked into and we resolved all of them. The biggest culprit was intake valve carbon. The cars ranged from 30,000 to 60,000 miles. They all felt quite a bit stronger after a valve clean. It's not likely you'll pick up any repeatable power figures by switching to Unitronic."

Last edited:

maskari_gti1

Go Kart Champion
from an email exchange I had from Jeff@HSTuning. An APR/UNI dealer.....

" It's been our experience that the APR K04 V2.x cars leave nothing on the table when compared to the other tuners. We've had a few other customers inquire about that and it piqued our curiosity. We'd noticed that the APR DSG K04 cars didn't feel as strong as the 6 speed manuals we'd done so we started looking into it. We found a number of things on the cars we looked into and we resolved all of them. The biggest culprit was intake valve carbon. The cars ranged from 30,000 to 60,000 miles. They all felt quite a bit stronger after a valve clean. It's not likely you'll pick up any repeatable power figures by switching to Unitronic."

I love my Unitronic tune to bits but I wouldn't say it outperforms all other tuners. I don't even believe in such a thing coz to me, a tune is a tune and it depends on your hardware mods sometimes.

dleej30

Ready to race!
I love my Unitronic tune to bits but I wouldn't say it outperforms all other tuners. I don't even believe in such a thing coz to me, a tune is a tune and it depends on your hardware mods sometimes.

What you said there has quite a bit of truth! A Revo car with an Sps can also adjust there tune more aggressive if they choose, Uni cannot. I have Uni and love it but I see other tunes and think there good & great even. Some tuners have added features that sway some in there favor I have no problem with that.

With all the different things we do to our cars in mods to gain us advantage, not often will a Uni or Apr etc have the same mods. Unfortunately we often find in Audi VW world that if we even mention our tune by whoever someone will almost always be up in arms and attack for such a trivial thing, a race!

I went with an F23T but I'm sure I could lose to someone that has a K04 if there setup is better WM maybe or even fine tuned like a Maestro Eurodyne dyno tune. I'll be running my car in a Uni stage 2+ file for a month or two then decide if I want to switch tuners or send my hard earned cash to Uni for a custom tune.

Nice car btw and nice race! Have fun with it and please don't stop making videos of your car, nice editing you did there! And finally thank you, keep up the hard work!!!

maskari_gti1

Go Kart Champion
What you said there has quite a bit of truth! A Revo car with an Sps can also adjust there tune more aggressive if they choose, Uni cannot. I have Uni and love it but I see other tunes and think there good & great even. Some tuners have added features that sway some in there favor I have no problem with that.

With all the different things we do to our cars in mods to gain us advantage, not often will a Uni or Apr etc have the same mods. Unfortunately we often find in Audi VW world that if we even mention our tune by whoever someone will almost always be up in arms and attack for such a trivial thing, a race!

I went with an F23T but I'm sure I could lose to someone that has a K04 if there setup is better WM maybe or even fine tuned like a Maestro Eurodyne dyno tune. I'll be running my car in a Uni stage 2+ file for a month or two then decide if I want to switch tuners or send my hard earned cash to Uni for a custom tune.

Nice car btw and nice race! Have fun with it and please don't stop making videos of your car, nice editing you did there! And finally thank you, keep up the hard work!!!

Thanks for passing by buddy. I'm considering a new aggressive file from Uni but if they are going to take their sweet time in making one, I think I'll go with Eurodyne then. I know people who have been waiting for months to get their tunes. I'm not disparate but I hate waiting this long!

Subscribe to my YouTube channel for more videos :thumbsup:

dleej30

Ready to race!
I hear you about Uni, it seems there is one person handling customer care lately. John is helpful and very knowledgable but he can't do everything. I was told Uni could tune my new turbo at a price comparable to getting Eurodyne or even a DM tune which is great but they can't get me booked for a tuning session for at least a few months!

I'm not sure at this point what to do, I feel they could do better on pricing but getting in line for tuning kinda suxs! But the advantage is I'd get to stay Uni, and I have been happy with there tunes to date!

Last edited: