GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Turbo Yaris to Cadillac ATS Transformation: Petrolhead Fights Car ADD, but loses

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
Post an update on the DSG fluid "leak". Mine looked kinda similar when I did the DSG service. I think all of em have a little bit of seepage.

I paused your video at 2min 25 seconds. And you can see some DSG fluid on both sides of the trans case... where both of the pieces mate in the middle. That's where mine was seeping.

I figured since it is so minor the dealer won't do shit about replacing anything.

i am going to the dealer today. i dont have an appt, just gonna feel it out, and maybe schedule once. i agree they may not do anything free. But i think thats kind of messed up, a gasket is called a gasket seal for a reason. it is supposed to seal the oil from coming out. Its only gonna get worse over the next 10k miles.. i also noticed the smaller fluid leaks in the case mating center as you mentioned, i wasnt as worried about that.

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
your videos suck brah.

Also, lol at your "dsg" fluid leak. a leak it is not if it aint dripping. That kind of 'weapage' around the seals is common on almost everything that is...sealed.

stereo typical vw/euro car owner that is overcritical on every single little aspect of the car. Try just driving it and changing fluids on schedule. Address CELs as they arise. If thats too much to ask....you'd fit in well with stock miata owners. Head over to www.miata.net
\rant

vids are good for the lolz doe. I know its just putting money in you pocket....so you can get another car...PLEASE.

\threadjack

maybe you are one of the guys banned and blocked? but i guess you wouldnt be, or else you wouldnt know how bad my videos that make me money suck. ; ) dickhead.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
i am going to the dealer today. i dont have an appt, just gonna feel it out, and maybe schedule once. i agree they may not do anything free. But i think thats kind of messed up, a gasket is called a gasket seal for a reason. it is supposed to seal the oil from coming out. Its only gonna get worse over the next 10k miles.. i also noticed the smaller fluid leaks in the case mating center as you mentioned, i wasnt as worried about that.

Oil seepage tends to always look worse than it actually is. I doubt there is more than 5ML of fluid that escaped. I think the capacity is ~8 liters or so I doubt you'll see any issues other than some dirt build up as you've shown and perhaps a dirty belly ban.

I don't think most seals are 100% leak proof. Always a small issue here and there. To be honest I'd be more concerned about them tearing up the entire DSG/car to get to the seal and fucking more things up in the process or better yet making the leak worse.

All that said I'd be curious to see what the dealer says. You're still under 3/36 i am now under the 5/60 powertrain that doesn't cover anything :laugh:

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
Oil seepage tends to always look worse than it actually is. I doubt there is more than 5ML of fluid that escaped. I think the capacity is ~8 liters or so I doubt you'll see any issues other than some dirt build up as you've shown and perhaps a dirty belly ban.

I don't think most seals are 100% leak proof. Always a small issue here and there. To be honest I'd be more concerned about them tearing up the entire DSG/car to get to the seal and fucking more things up in the process or better yet making the leak worse.

All that said I'd be curious to see what the dealer says. You're still under 3/36 i am now under the 5/60 powertrain that doesn't cover anything :laugh:

yes, i know its not an "issue" mechanically speaking. But that oil is eventually gonna spread and just coat half my underside with a big mess. I thought the pan looked pretty easy to change out, just unbolts from the side. (after they drain the fluid.)

i am going in expecting them not to do anything. then i will just leave it alone, and continue with my plans to dump it when the time is right. i'll let someone else deal with all these little problems and headaches.

oh i know what it was... i want documentation from them if they wont fix it. so just in the rare chance my DSG dies in a year or something, i will have my proof that they didnt want to fix the oil leak and it eventually went low on oil.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
I think that's the mechatronix cover... Not sure if it helps or not but yea.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Dafuq with all this GTI talk? Need moar dis...

Oh, and seepage is normal. Stop making up excuses to off the car.

This is a GTI forum doe... :laugh:

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
The very few people saying this leak is "normal" is what is wrong with car ownership in America today. And why cars last 1/4 as long as they used to in the olden days.

This is not a tiny leak:

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Yea it does look fairly abnormal in that last pic.

xytbyk

Go Kart Champion
If plac was a drum and bass musician his stage name would be Mechatronix and he would make the same two songs every six months for eight straight years.

PetrolHead

When's the next track day
The very few people saying this leak is "normal" is what is wrong with car ownership in America today. And why cars last 1/4 as long as they used to in the olden days.

The average age of a vehicle now is around 11 years, the oldest it's ever been. Just because consumers treat cars as disposable, it doesn't mean they are. Cars are incredibly more durable than they used to be.

This is not a tiny leak:

That's not a leak. Are there any drips? Anything left on the ground? How many miles on the car? Depending on mileage, it looks like normal seepage, but it doesn't hurt to have the dealer document it if you have the time to blow.

golftdibrad

Go Kart Champion
maybe you are one of the guys banned and blocked? but i guess you wouldnt be, or else you wouldnt know how bad my videos that make me money suck. ; ) dickhead.

nope, i dont really comment on youtubes, except for my videos.
just alwas follow the links and go "oh that guy again, jeezzzz"

This is not a tiny leak:

yes it is a tiny/not a leak. But please get back to us with a report from the dealer. :lol: