GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK6 stage 2 kill stories, lets hear them!

syonxwf

Go Kart Champion
You beat a 10+ Camaro SS at stage 2 from a dig? Those big boys run low 13's stock.

Dude in the SS must need driver mod

i'm thinking it was an RS and not an SS. I've seen stock SS's run mid-high 12's @ 110 and you jumped ahead by a car length after a shift...hmm. i have an 07 z51 vette with minor bolt ons and i pull on SS's by a couple of cars. BTW.. i last ran an 11.63 @ 122. So if that were true, your stage 2 gti would be running at least low 12's @112+...doubt it.

I had a very similar experience with a new SS. It was positively an SS, dude in the car couldn't believe it when I talked to him after.

From a roll he punched it first being 2 cars behind me, I punched it right after he did and he pulled to my back bumper and then stayed there until 110 or so when we shut it down (from around 30 mph). Then from a dig, he pulled out immediately to a one car lead, but then I held him until we let off at about 75 (traffic).
We do have guys on stage 2 that have run mid to high 12's, so especially from a roll I can see hanging in with stock SS's. When I checked out their forums, most of their guys are running around 108mph traps, which is definitely within our reach (though in most cases slightly faster than us).
:thumbup:

squall

Ready to race!
I had a very similar experience with a new SS. It was positively an SS, dude in the car couldn't believe it when I talked to him after.

From a roll he punched it first being 2 cars behind me, I punched it right after he did and he pulled to my back bumper and then stayed there until 110 or so when we shut it down (from around 30 mph). Then from a dig, he pulled out immediately to a one car lead, but then I held him until we let off at about 75 (traffic).
We do have guys on stage 2 that have run mid to high 12's, so especially from a roll I can see hanging in with stock SS's. When I checked out their forums, most of their guys are running around 108mph traps, which is definitely within our reach (though in most cases slightly faster than us).
:thumbup:

yes, there are a few stage 2 guys running mid-high 12's, but those cars are running slicks, 100 oct., usually meth injection, weight reduction and so on.. the SS's are heavy pigs though, so i can see getting out in front from a roll, but they still trap 8mph more (on average) than a stage 2 and that means that they are more likely to run you down in the big end. then again, anything can happen.. i've seen dodge omni's beat ss's and cobra's lol

NolaMKVI

Ready to race!
Ive outran a R/T charger (1st gen) and a Camaro SS (also 1st gen) in my stage 1..kinda i guess..

about 70mph and they got on it a little, so I did as well.. they let off at around 100 and I passed them, and as soon as I passed them they seemed to get back on it again, at 125 mph they were about the same distance behind me as when I passed them, a little closer but nothing more than a car lengths difference.. maybe they werent WOT, maybe bad gear pull, who knows? I had a few people question it after I posted to FB..

It was by no means an even race from the start but I thought atleast they would fly by me after a few seconds, I also ran a SRT (prev mentioned on page 1 I think) that I kept up with for a while, I got the thumbs up of approval for that.

most people are surprised that our cars run the way they do with just a little modding and tuning..

Dr Dad

Drag Race Newbie
Ive outran a R/T charger (1st gen) and a Camaro SS (also 1st gen) in my stage 1..kinda i guess..

about 70mph and they got on it a little, so I did as well.. they let off at around 100 and I passed them, and as soon as I passed them they seemed to get back on it again, at 125 mph they were about the same distance behind me as when I passed them, a little closer but nothing more than a car lengths difference.. maybe they werent WOT, maybe bad gear pull, who knows? I had a few people question it after I posted to FB..

It was by no means an even race from the start but I thought atleast they would fly by me after a few seconds, I also ran a SRT (prev mentioned on page 1 I think) that I kept up with for a while, I got the thumbs up of approval for that.

most people are surprised that our cars run the way they do with just a little modding and tuning..

One time I passed a parked C7 Z06, his face was priceless when he saw my little hatchback pass him like he was standing still.

NolaMKVI

Ready to race!
One time I passed a parked C7 Z06, his face was priceless when he saw my little hatchback pass him like he was standing still.

referring to your bold edit in my previous post, they let off, I was right behind them and passed them..

Why would I bullshit (I think thats where youre going with this due to your sarcasm..) when I openly admited that they let off..?

The main part of that post was really I was surprised that they didnt fly by me the second time, like I said, it wasnt a dead even run, they might have not been going WOT, shitty long gear or wrong Speed to gain in a certain gear. like I said "Who knows" what the other cars/drivers were thinking or doing, but at 125ish and the car isnt a million miles behind you because they are doing at or slightly above the speed limit one would assume that they were getting on it at least more than 75%...

Dr Dad

Drag Race Newbie
referring to your bold edit in my previous post, they let off, I was right behind them and passed them..

Why would I bullshit (I think thats where youre going with this due to your sarcasm..) when I openly admited that they let off..?

The main part of that post was really I was surprised that they didnt fly by me the second time, like I said, it wasnt a dead even run, they might have not been going WOT, shitty long gear or wrong Speed to gain in a certain gear. like I said "Who knows" what the other cars/drivers were thinking or doing, but at 125ish and the car isnt a million miles behind you because they are doing at or slightly above the speed limit one would assume that they were getting on it at least more than 75%...

ChrisB1

Go Kart Champion
I destroyed a Miata, with its new temp tag, yesterday on my initial test drive after putting the PF01s on. On another note, I thought I was the only person who drove it like I stole it after signing the papers, lol. I always called the "break-in period" a suggestion.

NolaMKVI

Ready to race!
^^^

I read somewhere that they put miles on the new motors and keep the clock at 0. Cant remember where i seen that and I dont know how true it was.. anyone else read this and can confirm?

ChrisB1

Go Kart Champion
^^^

I read somewhere that they put miles on the new motors and keep the clock at 0. Cant remember where i seen that and I dont know how true it was.. anyone else read this and can confirm?

When I had my WRX, I was told that they run them at full speed on an AWD dyno after building them to test for failures. I thought it was a rumor until someone showed me the video.

syonxwf

Go Kart Champion
yes, there are a few stage 2 guys running mid-high 12's, but those cars are running slicks, 100 oct., usually meth injection, weight reduction and so on.. the SS's are heavy pigs though, so i can see getting out in front from a roll, but they still trap 8mph more (on average) than a stage 2 and that means that they are more likely to run you down in the big end. then again, anything can happen.. i've seen dodge omni's beat ss's and cobra's lol

I understand that the guys running mid to high 12's at a drag are running drag radials, but the trap speed isn't changing much from drags to streets, just gives you more traction to get going and increases your time.
Looking at the 1/4 mile thread on our forum, the one stage 2 slip that's in there (Recognized1 - Going off of 93 oct, since that's what I typically run, is what I go off of) was a 105mph trap, with 100oct runs being in the 107mph range.

Here's a link to the camaro forums where they're talking about what they run. Some of them are at slightly higher elevation, but the traps are ranging between 107-111 (111 was with henkook V12's, LT's, CAI, and a canned tune @ 3500ft).
So even if they're hitting 110mph stock at sea level (adjusting the 107 run up due to higher altitude) that's not really much from a race stand point, and especially from a roll where we take that advantage away from them.

Here's a Mk5 in a roll from 35-100 or so. Shitty video taker, but they don't walk past the Mk5, they just hold even (and the camaro is auto, so you can't blame a shitty driver), and the Mk6 is slightly faster than a similarly modded Mk5.

Here's another Mk5 vs an SS at the track. They were pretty much even after the GTI stopped spinning. Again, Mk6 is slightly faster.

They seem pretty damn close to me. Sure they should probably start pulling on me after 110 or so, but I can't do anything about that unless I go BT :)
I'm happy with holding even with them, makes my day :thumbup:

Sanderson719

Passed Driver's Ed
My buddy has a 2011 Camaro SS with headers intake and tune. We did a roll after I went stage 2 from like 20-80 and I pulled about a car length. But to be fair he just mashes the throttle any chance he gets and spins threw third haha. I'll take it though!

Eroc93

Ready to race!
Ran a e92 m3 DCT:.. He got me by a car at around 100

fatvdub

Passed Driver's Ed
I drive a 2012 Golf R 2+

2010 Camaro SS
SRT 8
GTO 6.0

and the list goes on...

Last edited: