GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CarWorks Unitronic 2011 MK6 GTI tested by Drive Magazine

ZGTI

Banned
Some interesting numbers out the VBOX

Video produced and edited by Carworks ! All rights reserved to the owners !

CarWorks

Drive-by footage is from the magazine photoshoot.
Our Gti was tested not only in straight line performance, but exactly in the same way
factory oem cars are tested, ie for driveability, ride comfort, consumption etc. thus the mountain turns.

Some quotes from the magazine:

"The high performance output of CarWorks Gti comes without any kind of unpleasant consequenses"
"In everyday use this Gti achieves lower consumption than stock"
"Gti's good handling in any kind of road has not been lost"
"With electronic aids turned on you have absolutely no problem accelerating in maximum pace from one turn to the next turn"
"When cruising the car does not produce any sound"
"Comfort remains at a very good level"

"Record braker: In the straight where we do our vbox measurements, we where in for a big surprise!
Car seemed powerful, but dyno was not done yet so we didn't know exactly what to expect.
In conclusion, whatever we would have expected was little, since CarWorks Gti simply broke the chronometers!
Without any drama and without any particular effort, 0-100km/h measurement stopped at the very impressive 5,3'
The rest of the measurements continued to amaze us, 0-400m in 13,5' and the kilometer in 24,2' complete the triumph that
was verified later on in our offices, after studying our older measurements database: This Gti is the fastest FWD car from a stand that we have ever measured!"

"Carworks mission with this car was not an easy one. This Gti should have been fast but at the same time comfortable, economic and travel worthy.
Well, it is the fastest FWD we have ever measured, with regular use it consumes less than stock, and in comfort it has nothing to envy from a oem Gti.
Something tells us they nailed it!"

So, this car is not prepared by us as an all-out performance vehicle, but rather as a very civilised but more powerful Gti.
Boost is kept at quite low levels, with 1,4bar overboost and 1bar from 5.000rpm on.
With full factory extras and stock shocks, stock rims etc, we plan to offer this Gti as an option for the customer in the VW dealerships.

Sometime in the near future, you can expect to see a version with high boost settings, aftermarket shocks, rims, etc and aggressive dsg software.
And of course, with more aggressive video footage too.

Last edited:

CarWorks

that was all with the k03 correct....stage 2 or 2+ unitronic?

No, we have installed a golf R20 turbo, the k04.

If you take a look at this thead ( http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14928 )
there are lots of details, including a video of Unitronic's engine dyno development on this motor with this turbo,
as well as plenty of details and tinny bits of info I myself have written, as well as information about the upcoming magazine test (this topic)
and even though thread got a bit mixed up with rivalry stuff, all the info is still there for everyone that cares to know.

Of course, for anything more you'd like to know, feel free to ask. :thumbsup:

p.s.
For a stock turbo stage2, you can check this thread ( http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14643 )

Last edited:

DRedman451

Go Kart Champion
No, we have installed a golf R20 turbo, the k04.

If you take a look at this thead ( http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14928 )
there are lots of details, including a video of Unitronic's engine dyno development on this motor with this turbo,
as well as plenty of details and tinny bits of info I myself have written, as well as information about the upcoming magazine test (this topic)
and even though thread got a bit mixed up with rivalry stuff, all the info is still there for everyone that cares to know.

Of course, for anything more you'd like to know, feel free to ask. :thumbsup:

p.s.
For a stock turbo stage2, you can check this thread ( http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14643 )

i had a feeling it was a k04...i am really interested in seeing what the vbox will show on a stage 2 car like my own....just curious haha

ZGTI

Banned
i had a feeling it was a k04...i am really interested in seeing what the vbox will show on a stage 2 car like my own....just curious haha

when did u flash you car with Uni stage 2 ?

ZGTI

Banned
i have had apr for a few weeks...i went with them for convenience since i work less than 2 miles from NGP....i have always like uni though and if their closest dealer wasn't so far away it would have been them over apr any day

Ahh ok ! i thought you had Uni, i wanted to verify if you had the last version :)

:thumbsup: