GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Direct Ozone Reduction Catalyst Temperature Sensor///// Radiator Identification Senso

vwgti2.0t

Go Kart Champion
I just got a brillant fucking idea. Since in theory this sensor references the actual coolant temp sensor, I wonder if I just tap into the coolant temp sensor wiring and attach the Direct Ozone Temp sensor wiring into that if it would solve the issue...

Probably not, but I'm going to do some investigating tonight.

DougFresh

Passed Driver's Ed
Meant to add, My CEL isn't constant. Only happens when the temp gets into the 70's or for more than a day. I run all winter, spring, fall without the issue.

vwgti2.0t

Go Kart Champion
Meant to add, My CEL isn't constant. Only happens when the temp gets into the 70's or for more than a day. I run all winter, spring, fall without the issue.

Mine definitely has a mind of it's own. It seems major temperature swings sets it off. Either really hot or really cold. Haven't gotten a CEL or even a soft code for it in months though. I run Eurodyne Maestro now though and have adjustability galore. So if/when it comes back I'll just code it out in the tune. Game over. LOL.

ACHILLES R32

Drag Racing Champion
Was driving to work this morning and check engine light came on . get home run a scan with vcds turns out it's this ozone fault code. Ran vcds last week when i installed led tails and saw the ozone fault code , but cleared it since I didn't have CEL on. Going to call dealer tomorrow to schedule a appointment.
Car has 13,900 miles and already had water pump replaced . What's next probably coil pack and dv. Lol

Car is at the dealer, radiator has been ordered . I was given a 2014 Jetta SE as a loaner.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Last edited:

prospal

Ready to race!
I'm having this issue as well. It seemed to appear when it was hot and rainy/humid. I cleared it twice, but it would come back.

I finally gave up on clearing it as I was bringing it in for an 80k service, figured maybe the shop would help identify the issue. They said I'd need a new rad - just had mine replaced ~6mo ago due to the original one pissing coolant out! And what's shitty is you cant just buy this bullshit sensor alone, you have to get a whole new rad. But the day before I Was bringing it in for the 80k, it turned itself off. I didn't clear the code, I wanted the shop to see it.

Anyway, this is kind of frustrating, this car is bleeding me dry, but hopefully it'll be covered under install warranty. I wouldn't give a shit if it didn't cut my boost and shit on my gas mileage. The shop owner said what's happening is, since the sensor is off (and it thinks my engine is getting hot?), it's cutting boost and throwing more fuel to cool the motor down. I was wondering why I was getting like 280 miles to the tank.

I'll see when I get the car back (my injector decided to take a shit on the way home), if it manifests again. Hopefully not. About to burn this car.

colslaw87

Ready to race!
My 2012 GTI check engine light just came on. Got it scanned and this same code popped up. I'm almost to 50k, so looks like I'll be fixing this at the same time as my service interval.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

ACHILLES R32

Drag Racing Champion
My 2012 GTI check engine light just came on. Got it scanned and this same code popped up. I'm almost to 50k, so looks like I'll be fixing this at the same time as my service interval.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
I had the dealer replaced my radiator and the sensor in July, couple weeks later the code came back. (But no CEL) Took it in again they checked the sensor and said everything if functioning properly and cleared the code. I have not scanned it since with VCDS. Probably should, if its back again. Think I'm going to take it to another VW dealer

Sent from my Nexus 5

colslaw87

Ready to race!
The CEL has been on for the past 3 days, but went off this morning on my drive to work. It was 65 degrees outside and increased to 75 degrees ... the CEL stayed off. Sounds similar to others who've had their CEL come and go.

Aphix

Go Kart Champion
sub'd for this. I have this issue too, same conditions as everyone else describes. The code comes and goes on it's own. I have to pass CA emissions this year so having this replaced under parts warranty. Otherwise I'd be tempted to leave it since I cringe bringing my car into the dealership.

wndwsdwngti860

Upsidedown
Direct Ozone Reduction Catalyst Temperature Sensor///// Radiator Identificati...

isnt there some way we can have this replaced regardless of warranty? they cant possibly have a monopoly over having to replace a part due to emissions! yes, now you will all say we replace our o2 sensors. BUT we can get aftermarket sensors. NO ONE sells the radiator WITH the sensor EXCEPT VW. annnddd we cant replace JUST the sensor.