GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread

SirClimax

Ready to race!
But how do the super sports with Koni oranges compare to stock shocks was my initial question lol I'm tired of the bumps already

I had Super Sports with Koni Yellows which are much stiffer and big bumps can be jarring but it eliminates the bouncing that people often get with stock shocks and lowering springs.

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
I had Super Sports with Koni Yellows which are much stiffer and big bumps can be jarring but it eliminates the bouncing that people often get with stock shocks and lowering springs.

The yellows are stiffer? Thought they were the same as oranges except you can adjust how stiff it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
I knew super sports with stock shocks would be a bumpy nightmare. But I'm ok with it. Cheap and does a great job at the track and auto cross days I do.

You car would perform better with the oem springs if youre keeping the oem suspension. It's only a matter of time before the oem suspension blows on those lowering springs.

The yellows are stiffer? Thought they were the same as oranges except you can adjust how stiff it is.

yellows are much stiffer and adjustable dampening.

SirClimax

Ready to race!

On the softest setting they are supposed to be similar to oranges but I had them around 75% stiffness

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
You car would perform better with the oem springs if youre keeping the oem suspension. It's only a matter of time before the oem suspension blows on those lowering springs.

yellows are much stiffer and adjustable dampening.

I have the Koni oranges on. I guess I did word that weirdly.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Thank you for your input sir I will definitely punctuate next time.

it is the difference between "Let's eat grandma" and "Let's eat, grandma"

SirClimax

Ready to race!
all this talk of stiffness and not one "that's what she said" in there.
We were leaving that for you

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Grandma was delicious.

davserbic

Ready to race!
Hey,

Curious if anyone could comment who has had personal experience with Alphards 18x8.5 (et35) and 9.5 (et40) on a Mk6 w/ Bags.

Currently Im running ESR SR02s at 18x8.5 (et30) and 9.5 (et35) and am on coils. I rub in the rear here or there but nothing major.

Switching over to bags -- airlift slam series v2 and am considering Alphards for my setup. Any recommendations would be helpful. Im considering 215/40s all around.

Thanks in advance.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
AWE or 42DD boost tap?

I've had both....go with the New South tap instead :thumbsup:
http://www.esetuning.com/newsouth-performance-multitap-hose-for-audi-vw-2-0t-tsi-con-026.html

AWE requires you to butch up your OEM hose
42DD is nice, BUT because the nipple faces down the oil/blowby gets in the line (gravity) and clogs it up eventually. In the winter it freezes up too, because of that, mind you.

The New South just plugs right in, replacing the OEM hose, and the barb/tap is on the top of the hose with less blowby getting into the boost hose. It also has the "restrictor" built into the tap as well.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
I've had both....go with the New South tap instead :thumbsup:
http://www.esetuning.com/newsouth-performance-multitap-hose-for-audi-vw-2-0t-tsi-con-026.html

AWE requires you to butch up your OEM hose
42DD is nice, BUT because the nipple faces down the oil/blowby gets in the line (gravity) and clogs it up eventually. In the winter it freezes up too, because of that, mind you.

The New South just plugs right in, replacing the OEM hose, and the barb/tap is on the top of the hose with less blowby getting into the boost hose. It also has the "restrictor" built into the tap as well.

Ah, I already have the 42dd on order and it shipped this morning. I bookmarked the new south tap though, if I have any problems I'll try that one. Thanks.