GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread

SirClimax

Ready to race!
I just got a mk6 golf gti cant be bothered to read everything but need to make this a good project for myself any reccomendations?

Im trying to find the mk7 rear lights for my mk6 but cant find it guess i will have to settle what everyone else has (mk6 R lights)

trying for some good headlights too... want some super ultra bright ones... was think to put hids into the oem headlights

If you can't be bothered to read than how can you expect people to be bothered to answer your questions...

Get a tune. It does not matter which one so don't ask.

There are no mk7 tails for the mk6 but I think spyder makes some ugly ones that look vaguely like the mk7.

DO NOT PUT HIDS INTO HALOGEN HEADLIGHTS!!!

SirClimax

Ready to race!
so everytime i turn my car on, service required pops up does that mean an oil change or? and when i do the oil change will it go off automatically?

When in doubt read your owners manual. The time it takes to read is worth not running your car on expired fluids and parts.

MK6NGT

Ready to race!
If you can't be bothered to read than how can you expect people to be bothered to answer your questions...

There are no mk7 tails for the mk6 but I think spyder makes some ugly ones that look vaguely like the mk7.

THIS

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
I just got a mk6 golf gti cant be bothered to read everything but need to make this a good project for myself any reccomendations?

Im trying to find the mk7 rear lights for my mk6 but cant find it guess i will have to settle what everyone else has (mk6 R lights)

trying for some good headlights too... want some super ultra bright ones... was think to put hids into the oem headlights

I hope your timing tensioner fails.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
This reminds me of how vortex used to be 7-9 years ago.

MK6NGT

Ready to race!
Stupid question here

I want to go stage 2 some time soon and was just pricing out downpipes. I have a stage 1 apr tune right now. The apr downpipe is one of the more expensive ones.

$750 apr downpipe
$300 labor for install of dp
no cost for stage 2 tune if I go with the apr downpipe

cost if I don't go with the apr downpipe
$150apr stage 2 tune
$xxx pricing is all over the place for other downpipes.
install labor? probably less than the shop I'd get the downpipe from

I think if I go with a non apr downpipe I can save hundreds of dollars, at least $300 bucks. I'm looking for opinions here, I know that's a slippery slope with the internets but I'm asking anyways.

Any suggestions on this? I feel like this is a horrible roi for the money spent when I got the stage 1 tune for $500 and the car gained a ton of power...I get it but still...hard to digest.

bebersol

Ready to race!

agree

brobst

Go Kart Champion
Stupid question here

I want to go stage 2 some time soon and was just pricing out downpipes. I have a stage 1 apr tune right now. The apr downpipe is one of the more expensive ones.

$750 apr downpipe

$150apr stage 2 tune

I think if I go with a non apr downpipe I can save hundreds of dollars, at least $300 bucks. I'm looking for opinions here, I know that's a slippery slope with the internets but I'm asking anyways.

Any suggestions on this? I feel like this is a horrible roi for the money spent when I got the stage 1 tune for $500 and the car gained a ton of power...I get it but still...hard to digest.
Really depends on cat vs catless and build materials. Get one appropriate for you weather and decide on cat. Don't super cheap out unless you don't mind a little diy aspect.

Sent from phone Tapa

MK6NGT

Ready to race!
Really depends on cat vs catless and build materials. Get one appropriate for you weather and decide on cat. Don't super cheap out unless you don't mind a little diy aspect.

Sent from phone Tapa

I'm in FL so it's hot, not ever cold and catless is preferred since my car will never see an inspection. It's just hard to want to pay $1000 for an apr downpipe.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Stupid question here

$750 apr downpipe

$150apr stage 2 tune

$300 in labor for a downpipe is ridiculous. My mechanic did it for 1 hour of labor ($85)
I went with beluga racing catless downpipe (well actually the turbo back)
But the downpipe is $175 right now with free shipping from their website.

I'm in FL so it's hot, not ever cold and catless is preferred since my car will never see an inspection. It's just hard to want to pay $1000 for an apr downpipe.

No inspections no cats. Best of the best.

I went stage 2 (excluding the tune cost) For $260.00 (for downpipe and labor)

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Actually now that i look at it i went stage 2 for the price you were quoted to upgrade to stage 2 with APR downpipe.

You were quoted the 750 for downpipe and 300 for labor making the total $1050.00(free upgrade from stage one which probably cost you around $500)

I went
Downpipe $175.00 (i actually got it on sale for 150 but ill use current price)
Labor $85.00
Unitronic Stage 2 $650.00
Uniconnect + $150.00
Total $1060.00

MK6NGT

Ready to race!
I was told the stage 2 tune is only $150...

MK6NGT

Ready to race!
Actually now that i look at it i went stage 2 for the price you were quoted to upgrade to stage 2 with APR downpipe.

You were quoted the 750 for downpipe and 300 for labor making the total $1050.00(free upgrade from stage one which probably cost you around $500)

I went
Downpipe $175.00 (i actually got it on sale for 150 but ill use current price)
Labor $85.00
Unitronic Stage 2 $650.00
Uniconnect + $150.00
Total $1060.00

If I went with the beluga it would be around 250 installed (parts+labor), then the tune would be $150 for apr stage 2. That seems much cheaper than the apr way...

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
I was told the stage 2 tune is only $150...

It's $750 if you don't have an apr tune, but you already paid $600 for stage 1 so you only owe $150 for stage 2.