GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2.5 Build Your Own Intake?

FlowMK6

Ready to race!
anyone know the part number for the stock intake tube that gets cut? The one guy said he got it from ebay but didnt list a part number. Googling "mk6 2.5 golf intake tube" doesnt seem to help me out.

VW calls it a connector pipe. Part #8 : https://www.vwpartsvortex.com/auto-...2-5l-l5-gas-engine/engine-cat/air-intake-scat

Also, there is 2 variants of this tube, the one which finish with B and the one which finish with C. B is two holes, C is one hole.

I got the variant C on my garage.

Rickybobbi

Ready to race!
why does that website show a air mass sensor? I thought the 2011 doesn't have one?Diagram shows it -

Adapter. Air mass sensor. Engine Air Intake Hose Adapter. MASS AIR FLOW SENSOR.
Part Number: 07K129637

FlowMK6

Ready to race!
why does that website show a air mass sensor? I thought the 2011 doesn't have one?Diagram shows it -

Adapter. Air mass sensor. Engine Air Intake Hose Adapter. MASS AIR FLOW SENSOR.
Part Number: 07K129637

It's probably a generic picture of a 2.5L engine. I'm pretty sure the part number is good, if not sure ask your stealership. I could verify the number on mine. I will look tomorrow in the morning.

Rickybobbi

Ready to race!
What kind of knife would work best for cutting the intake connector pipe? I don't want to butcher my pipe as I only have 1 at the moment

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
What kind of knife would work best for cutting the intake connector pipe? I don't want to butcher my pipe as I only have 1 at the moment
I would use a hacksaw, the cut does not have to be a work of art but you need to leave enough of the connector pipe so you have piping left for the rubber coupler to attach to with a clamp, the other end of the rubber coupler then connects to the Spectre 3" Elbow.