GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Walmart for tires?

jebusfreek666

Ready to race!
I am guessing the answer is a resounding NO! But.....
Would any of you use walmart for tires?

The reason I ask is because all of the local shops near me do not carry the tires I want. On top of that, for me to have them order the and mount them they are significantly more expensive. I worry about the teenagers at walmart not mounting them or balancing them properly, but it is a decent savings... about $100 cheaper total. I could also order from tire rack, have them shipped to me, and have a local shop mount and balance them, but that would still cost about $50 more than walmart.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
I am guessing the answer is a resounding NO! But.....
Would any of you use walmart for tires?

The reason I ask is because all of the local shops near me do not carry the tires I want. On top of that, for me to have them order the and mount them they are significantly more expensive. I worry about the teenagers at walmart not mounting them or balancing them properly, but it is a decent savings... about $100 cheaper total. I could also order from tire rack, have them shipped to me, and have a local shop mount and balance them, but that would still cost about $50 more than walmart.

I mean if $100 is worth your unsure attitude towards if they can perform the job i would go to a tire shop where you pay the 100 more but you know they will do the job properly.

jebusfreek666

Ready to race!
I mean if $100 is worth your unsure attitude towards if they can perform the job i would go to a tire shop where you pay the 100 more but you know they will do the job properly.

That's what I was thinking. I was hoping someone would say that it is not really a difficult skill and they would handle it just fine at Walmart, but I was leaning towards spending the extra cash. Thanks for replying in all my threads.

Blakcard

Autocross Newbie
listen to your gut....And lilonespaz

jebusfreek666

Ready to race!
listen to your gut....And lilonespaz

I actually just found another deal on the super sports, through a tire rack competitor so I wont mention it here. But it is on Ebay, with a $100 off $450 code with no tax and free shipping. Ended up being $492 for all 4 shipped to me. After paying 12ish per tire to be mounted and balanced I will only be out $135 each. Seems like a good deal to me.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
I actually just found another deal on the super sports, through a tire rack competitor so I wont mention it here. But it is on Ebay, with a $100 off $450 code with no tax and free shipping. Ended up being $492 for all 4 shipped to me. After paying 12ish per tire to be mounted and balanced I will only be out $135 each. Seems like a good deal to me.

Thats a great deal. Assuming they are real and good ;] lol jk

A quote for two(2) PSS for me is $487.24

Thats installed, mounted, balanced, old tires disposal, certificates for repair or replacement for punctures/blowouts

1ashchuckton

Autocross Champion
I bought tires at Wallyworld once. Never again!

They scratched 2 wheels & lied about doing it even though I watched them do it. For my money I would gladly pay more & have someone competent do the job. I have used Discount Tire many times & have never had a problem with them.

OP the trouble you have is living in the UP. I love the UP, but understand your options are very limited there. I'd do the Tire Rack option.

MrFancypants

Autocross Champion
I don't trust Wal-Mart technicians to touch my car, and I'm not particularly picky. If the price were right I'd consider dropping off a set of wheels I didn't care about and have them swap the tires.

I love Tire Rack and have had good service from them in the past, but we have Discount Tire shops where I'm at. I like to throw my money at them simply to support their free puncture repair policy.