GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > TDI / GTD discussions

Old 04-02-2017, 09:00 AM   #1
Snowdrop170

Drives: VW Golf GTD
Unhappy Mk6 GTD Rear Diffuser/Valance with Towbar Cutout??

Afternoon chaps/chapesses

I'm now the proud owner of a Candy White Mk6 GTD after several months of procrastination and test drives! When giving the car a good going over at the garage, I noticed that it had a cutout for an aftermarket Westphalia towbar (useful, as I have a trailer!).

However, I naively assumed that I could easily get hold of a rear diffuser/valance complete with the removable cover to hide the hole and protect the towbar receptacle from road grime. I was wrong.

I have looked high and low for a replacement diffuser with the cutout and cover, including spending several evenings trawling through this forum (often getting distracted!)

Does anybody know where one of these can be sourced, ideally genuine VW but I'll take anything that fits!? My local VW dealership are quite useless in helping me, so I thought I'd turn to those who know about the car the best.

I can provide pictures if required, but its quite self-explanatory!

Thanks in advance.

M
Snowdrop170 is offline   Reply With Quote