GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Best exhaust sound for MK6 GTI for daily drive, no drone

hbrown0509

Go Kart Champion
Tbh most catbacks alone sound a bit crap. Best combo I've heard is stock catback with a downpipe. Who wouldn't want another 70hp to play with?

I disagree. Besides as the OP stated he's only looking for a catback at this time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hbrown0509

Go Kart Champion
People with catless downpipes and catbacks saying there is no drone are lying. I have a catless downpipe and stock catback and it drones a little bit. I couldnt imagine having an aftermarket catback too. If you dont want drone keep it stock. Its a 4 cylinder turbo its gonna drone especially on the highway.

I have zero drone on my AWE TBE.

Edit: I just realized you said catless DP. Mine is definitely catted and has a resonator lol.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
People with catless downpipes and catbacks saying there is no drone are lying. I have a catless downpipe and stock catback and it drones a little bit. I couldnt imagine having an aftermarket catback too. If you dont want drone keep it stock. Its a 4 cylinder turbo its gonna drone especially on the highway.
Drone is different to each person. To you it may be unbearably loud to me its a mild hum..You cant say what is drone and what isnt as we all hear differently than each other.

Tbh most catbacks alone sound a bit crap. Best combo I've heard is stock catback with a downpipe. Who wouldn't want another 70hp to play with?
I really liked the sound of my catback paired to the stock downpipe it made some small gurgles and pops when down low and cruising around a parking lot.. i was happy with it i went with the downpipe for the added power of a stage 2 tune but i was quite content with the sound of just my catback alone..

EGOMAN

I talked to Unitronic guy and he said I should go with DP only I checked them on YouTube and that thing is loud when started up however I couldn't find one while cruising.

Mine is DSG BTW still undecided tho but at least from reading the replies catless are no go which is OK I am planning to keep everything stock except for the catback.

After listening to many suggestions here in YouTube I think the best drone-free catbacks are Unitronic, Magnaflow, Meltik and Borla, am I correct?

Kyle805

Ready to race!
Both my borla and magnaflow had awful drone after I added a catted downpipe. With the stock one it wasn't awful but it was still there for sure.

My advice would be to go with an exhaust that has a rear suitcase, that will minimize the drone and be all around quieter

Laimface

Ready to race!
I talked to Unitronic guy and he said I should go with DP only I checked them on YouTube and that thing is loud when started up however I couldn't find one while cruising.

Mine is DSG BTW still undecided tho but at least from reading the replies catless are no go which is OK I am planning to keep everything stock except for the catback.

After listening to many suggestions here in YouTube I think the best drone-free catbacks are Unitronic, Magnaflow, Meltik and Borla, am I correct?

The car will be louder at start up for 30 seconds as it runs super rich and at a higher RPM, like having a choke on. I have a resonator delete which made that noticeable, it goes back to being quiet once the revs fall.

As for a DP, you can get ones with a 200 cell sports cat which will soften the noise, but still give you the much needed boost in performance.

damagi123

Go Kart Champion
lol i like that these WHATS THE BEST questions always have 100 answers and its always just "recommend the thing I BOUGHT" and they have no idea what others sound like but they chime in anyway

Kyle805

Ready to race!
lol i like that these WHATS THE BEST questions always have 100 answers and its always just "recommend the thing I BOUGHT" and they have no idea what others sound like but they chime in anyway

Gotta love it! Out of all the exhausts I've heard and tried, my favorite is spm or bb. Nice and quiet cruising but a great tone when you get into the gas.

Laimface

Ready to race!

hahaha why am I your signature

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion

Well I watched hundreds of exhaust videos before getting the one (IMO) that is the best sounding to me. So you're going to get a lot of those responses lol.

hbrown0509

Go Kart Champion

Because it's an opinion forum?? Answering from experience of the exhausts we've owned?

damagi123

Go Kart Champion
hahaha why am I your signature

because how could i not with that quote

Well I watched hundreds of exhaust videos before getting the one (IMO) that is the best sounding to me. So you're going to get a lot of those responses lol.

its great

Because it's an opinion forum?? Answering from experience of the exhausts we've owned?

Q: whats the best?
A: the one exhaust ive ever owned and have any experience with obviously
Q: Compared to what?
A: you didnt specifically say compared to other exhausts bro youre triggering me

because i got replaced :[

just give it time. the hurts fade. they always do.

Krog29

Ready to race!
Lasthumangarage had a uni downpipe with a resonator he added and matted to his stock exhaust. Super quiet.