GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR downpipe worth it

damagi123

Go Kart Champion
But it was likely catless and unresonated?

just like god intended. he didnt kill off the dinosaurs for their sweet sweet bone juice to have it go getting wasted by eco-obsessed torque thieves.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
just like god intended. he didnt kill off the dinosaurs for their sweet sweet bone juice to have it go getting wasted by eco-obsessed torque thieves.
man if i had more room this would be #1 signature material

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie

good news i had enough room for all of them. So added to signature.

damagi123

Go Kart Champion

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
Buy a cheap DP. It's just a DP. You can use the extra money for something else.

Ultimately you getting a $1000.00 DP installed and myself getting, let's say $150.00 DP and we both sit in our cars after the install and turn them on, your not gonna tell a damn difference. In the end your sitting -850.00 to my 150.00. (I didn't pay $150.00 for my though, lol, I tried though!).

The route I went on parts, for $1000.00 that would cover my DP, and coil-overs +install.

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
Oh and then those that say, Yeah well in 3 years you are going to be looking to buy another DP once that one rusts out, blah blah. Ok, yeah, so in 3 years I'll buy another $150.00 DP. It's still not $1000.00, lol. You'll probably trade your car in before I hit $1000.00 on rebuys.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
That's correct, and I use the stock exhaust with no issues as far as being too loud or anything.
m catless non resonated with catback that has 2 small mufflers isnt loud unless im on it and doesnt drone unless im over 75mph.

Joveen

Ready to race!
There is one on eBay by emusa that is catted and its cbfa and ccta by description. Its only $189 or $185 depending who sells it. It looks like an arm dp.

Sent from my Life One X2 using Tapatalk

MK6NGT

Ready to race!
I want to get a dp pretty badly but the cost of APR sucks. If I can get one for under 300 (new or used idc) and for CBFA then it's worth it. Install plus stg 2 software would have me saving a lot of money.

CBFA dp's don't come up often at all and the new ones are minimum 450 I believe.

oldtype2

Ready to race!
I want to get a dp pretty badly but the cost of APR sucks. If I can get one for under 300 (new or used idc) and for CBFA then it's worth it. Install plus stg 2 software would have me saving a lot of money.

CBFA dp's don't come up often at all and the new ones are minimum 450 I believe.

The cheapest catless downpipe you can get that requires no modifications for a CBFA is the CTS for $399.

Probably still cheaper to buy a $99 eBay pipe and have a third o2 fitting welded on and the flange holes elongated.

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
The cheapest catless downpipe you can get that requires no modifications for a CBFA is the CTS for $399.

Probably still cheaper to buy a $99 eBay pipe and have a third o2 fitting welded on and the flange holes elongated.

I believe my EuroJet went for around 380.00 but might of been on promotion when I bought it.

MK6NGT

Ready to race!

The CTS would be worth it to me. Having someone weld something is always a gamble, the cost difference between that and a CTS isn't enough to make me want to get a 99 ebay dp anyways, I'm sure the CTS is better quality to begin with. Additionally, a $400 dp compared to a $750 is really awesome and worth it. Then $150 on the tune and I'll still save at least $300 total. But man, 700-800 bucks for a DP when the power gain just isn't a lot.