GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GLI be pushed Forward/Back in park (DSG Transmission)

samcracc

Hello,

2013 GLI here.

My car can be pushed forward and backward (as far as you have the energy to push it) if placed in park.

If you use the parking break, that is the only thing that prevents it from moving.

No transmission codes found using the VCDS.

Car goes into Drive and shift modes fine, but will also not shift into "S".

Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

Trytun

Go Kart Champion
If it's just a small amount of movement it's fine and normal. Mine does this and so does everyone else's that I've been in. If it just free rolls all over and won't stop then you have a problem. I set my e-brake every time I get out. Not shifting into S though, that's a problem obviously.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

samcracc

No it is not a little movement, I can move it 10 miles in a straight line if I had the energy. It would indefinitely roll if placed on an incline. It's definitely a problem, and one that I have no clue of where to start.

BudgetPhoenix

Autocross Champion
Can you physically not pull down the shifter in S mode? There's a procedure for adjusting the DSG cable thats pretty simple might be a good place to start.

samcracc

Can you physically not pull down the shifter in S mode? There's a procedure for adjusting the DSG cable thats pretty simple might be a good place to start.

Hey I'd love to try this can you point me in the right direction? I searched "adjust DSG cable" but couldn't find anything.