GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New RCD330 Plus Headunit with Mirrorlink/Carplay

ExcelonGT

Passed Driver's Ed
Anyone know if we can run the CarPlay USB connection from behind the unit to somewhere else or does it have to go thru the front USB port?

No USB ports on the back of the unit Unfortunately. I don't like the cable sticking out of the front of the unit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mikejsmith1985

Go Kart Champion
I received my RCD330 today its the "B" version that has car play without the hack. I have the dynaudio system and I didn't have to disconnect my battery to get sound. However I'm curious how you all are plugging in the antennae? The side of the connector that has the clip is completely round and the side that doesn't has the two little fins on it and fits the connection on the back of the radio. Not sure if this is specific to Dynaudio but based on my search so far I'm the only person to struggle with this LOL I can shave off those feet on the radio so it will plug into the side of the harness with the clip but I didn't want to do that if it isn't needed.

Thanks!

ExcelonGT

Passed Driver's Ed
I received my RCD330 today its the "B" version that has car play without the hack. I have the dynaudio system and I didn't have to disconnect my battery to get sound. However I'm curious how you all are plugging in the antennae? The side of the connector that has the clip is completely round and the side that doesn't has the two little fins on it and fits the connection on the back of the radio. Not sure if this is specific to Dynaudio but based on my search so far I'm the only person to struggle with this LOL I can shave off those feet on the radio so it will plug into the side of the harness with the clip but I didn't want to do that if it isn't needed.

Thanks!

You should have gotten an adapter for the antenna cable. Where did you order your rcd330 from?

mikejsmith1985

Go Kart Champion
You should have gotten an adapter for the antenna cable. Where did you order your rcd330 from?

Thanks for the super speedy reply! I just found a post about this. I ordered from eBay and I did not get the adapter. Is it a "Dual Fakra" adapter that I need to get my hands on to make this work?

I purchased from parts-valley, the auction didn't say it was included so I place no fault on them.

ExcelonGT

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks for the super speedy reply! I just found a post about this. I ordered from eBay and I did not get the adapter. Is it a "Dual Fakra" adapter that I need to get my hands on to make this work?

I purchased from parts-valley, the auction didn't say it was included so I place no fault on them.

Yes it's called a fakra adapter.

iSuckAtThis

Passed Driver's Ed

Yes, it's the Dual Fakra cable you need.

Speeddemon691

Go Kart Champion
just got my unit today after chasing the USPS guy down lol. really nice unit and better than the RNS-315! Apple car play is awesome! the only thing i noticed that i don't like is when you finish using siri the volume gets high right after.

ExcelonGT

Passed Driver's Ed
just got my unit today after chasing the USPS guy down lol. really nice unit and better than the RNS-315! Apple car play is awesome! the only thing i noticed that i don't like is when you finish using siri the volume gets high right after.

That's the only issue I have with this unit as well. Im wondering if it's a VW code bug, rather than an apple carplay bug

mikejsmith1985

Go Kart Champion
I did some testing in the garage, my subframe is out waiting on new mounts at the moment... I love the responsiveness of the screen! The phone call quality seems to be crisper than before but that's in the garage with engine off and no road noise, so I'll see how I feel once I get it back on the road. Of course I need my antenna adapter before I can use the radio but I almost exclusively stream in the car now days so its really just a matter of making it work because it should not because I'll use it.

M0riarty

So I finally got my 187B Factory Carplay unit installed and had to do some VCDS coding after (using the latest version of VCDS). Here are the possible tweaks to the unit:

iSuckAtThis

Passed Driver's Ed
So I finally got my 187B Factory Carplay unit installed and had to do some VCDS coding after (using the latest version of VCDS). Here are the possible tweaks to the unit:

I've noticed that after installing this HU, the sound becomes distorted when it's a bit loud. Could some coding possibly fix this?