GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official Sway Bar Discussion Thread

artemk93

Ready to race!
Here's what happened to my Hotchkis rear sway bar yesterday, after about 35k miles.
What companies sell solid rear sway bars? I know 034 does, just want to know all the options.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Last edited:

1ashchuckton

Autocross Champion
Send those pictures to Hotchkis & have them send you a replacement. Failure point is the place where they welded on that washer.

artemk93

Ready to race!
Send those pictures to Hotchkis & have them send you a replacement. Failure point is the place where they welded on that washer.
Already called them and left a message. Not sure I want to get their sway bar again, even as a warranty replacement. Don't want to deal with the issue again down the road. Found a couple reviews on amazon where people have exact same problem and exact same failure point.

1ashchuckton

Autocross Champion
I understand. I would take a replacement & sell it to fund another bar. I have an SPM solid 23mm bar that I bought used. I went with a solid bar due to my thought that a tubular bar might break. I don't think SPM bars are available anymore. Seems like the O34 bar may be the way to go.

theclutch

Go Kart Newbie
I understand. I would take a replacement & sell it to fund another bar. I have an SPM solid 23mm bar that I bought used. I went with a solid bar due to my thought that a tubular bar might break. I don't think SPM bars are available anymore. Seems like the O34 bar may be the way to go.

Given that 034 is a reputable company (so are Hotchkis, H&R, etc.), does anyone have any thoughts as to why they only make a rear sway bar for our cars and at 25.4 mm nonetheless (i.e. - 25.4 seems large considering many go for 26 mm up front AND 24 mm at rear).

From their website, "In addition, this 034Motorsport Rear Sway Bar is engineered to be used effectively with the stock front sway bar. No upgrade in the front is needed or required. The addition of a stiffer front bar introduces even more push, requiring an even bigger bar in the back. With the stock front sway bar and upgraded 034Motorsport Solid Rear Sway Bar, body roll is virtually eliminated while turn in and off throttle oversteer are greatly improved."

artemk93

Ready to race!
Here's what happened to my Hotchkis rear sway bar yesterday, after about 35k miles.
What companies sell solid rear sway bars? I know 034 does, just want to know all the options.

Just received an email from Hotchkis. Their customer support is top notch. They will send me a replacement sway bar today.

brobst

Go Kart Champion
Yes. As long as you are original owner, I find most of these companies will at least try and come up with a solution with you

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Renck

Ready to race!
Hi guys! I just purchased an APR front anti-sway bar (27 mm):

http://www.ngpracing.com/newstore/apr-motorsport-roll-control-sway-bar-front-mk5-gti-gli-audi-a3-8p-2006-mk6-gti-mk6-gli.html

and now I'm looking at the Hotchkis Rear Sway Bar (27 mm):

https://www.uspmotorsports.com/Volkswagen--Golf-GTI-Rabbit--MK6--10-2014--2.0T/Steering-and-Suspension/Strut-and-Sway-Bars/Hotchkis-Rear-Sway-Bar-Set-MK5-MK6-A3.html

Based on what I was able to find the APR sway bar was made by Hotchkis (first post here), so I think this combo should work.

Thoughts? Any other rear sway bar to consider?

Renck

Ready to race!
I am running the Hotchkis bars (Front & Rear) 3 years ago and it’s amazing [emoji7]
I have both (F&R) setup as stiffest settings for daily drive...

Cool are those 27mm too? Are you using stock end links or aftermarket? If aftermarket, which ones are you using?

Thanks in advance for your feedback.