The Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread

MK6NGT

Ready to race!
I'll likely do new stock plugs soon.

Boscogn

Go Kart Champion

Yakuzi

Ready to race!
Looking into splurging on some Brembo 17Z Calipers w 330mm rotors, will this fit in a wheel thats 18x8 et20 (wheels are ESM002R PL)?

CMGTI

Ready to race!
I know there is a thread on this (but the searching I need would take forever) but do I have to swap the chain in the tensioner upgrade? Looking at the kits online (ECS, HStuning). Thanks

Yakuzi

Ready to race!
I know there is a thread on this (but the searching I need would take forever) but do I have to swap the chain in the tensioner upgrade? Looking at the kits online (ECS, HStuning). Thanks

Recommended to do so while youre in there with it apart.

TakmaN

Ready to race!
To plug the second boost tap hole in the Newsouth multi-tap hose, am I supposed to screw in the plug all the way? I think the instructions said to turn until snug then add another 1/4 turn or something. I forget and I threw away the instructions.

I only ask because it seems like the plug keeps coming loose and I have to keep re-tightening it. It also looks weird sticking out a bunch as I can see quite a bit of thread on the plug.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
To plug the second boost tap hole in the Newsouth multi-tap hose, am I supposed to screw in the plug all the way? I think the instructions said to turn until snug then add another 1/4 turn or something. I forget and I threw away the instructions.

I only ask because it seems like the plug keeps coming loose and I have to keep re-tightening it. It also looks weird sticking out a bunch as I can see quite a bit of thread on the plug.
If you dont plan on ever using that plug/tap just add a bit of loctite to the threads and send it.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
So I'm thinking about having my neuspeed wheels powdercoated. I've still got my old detroits stacked up in the garage with the oem tires. When I removed those wheels I remember how much I hated those tires, they were just loud and harsh.

If I get my wheels powdercoated I still need to be able to drive around for a few days. I could put the detroits back on temporarily for a few days. I'm just worried about the tires. I only have a 10 minute drive to work, and I don't ever have to go faster than 45, so I'm thinking I'd be ok. I just wanted to see what other people thought. Should I go for it and put the detroits on or find another ride for a few days?

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Are they all seasons? Long as they aren't damaged, have reasonable tread, and hold air, go for it.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Ya, the oem pzero all seasons. I'll have to take a closer look at them this weekend.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Yeah man I would load em up to 38psi and check tread depth with a penny.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Word, I'll take a closer look at them this weekend before I take my wheels off.
I got my appointment set to get them powdercoated next week. I'm excited. :happyanim: