GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Is this a defect or damage?

zef

Drag Racing Champion
Bought a lip from ECS tuning and I can't tell if it's just a shoddy piece or if it was damaged during shipping. The box didn't look abused at all.

There is a "line" (or crack?) running down the whole back edge of the lip - in certain parts if you push on it it creaks. I am no expert with carbon fiber and this is my first carbon lip so I can't tell what I am looking at it. Is it fixable? Should I return it?

1ashchuckton

Autocross Champion
Not sure, but if that was mine it would be going back to ECS. I'm sure it won't get better with age.

VoZ

Bought a lip from ECS tuning and I can't tell if it's just a shoddy piece or if it was damaged during shipping. The box didn't look abused at all.

There is a "line" (or crack?) running down the whole back edge of the lip - in certain parts if you push on it it creaks. I am no expert with carbon fiber and this is my first carbon lip so I can't tell what I am looking at it. Is it fixable? Should I return it?

They will be happy to replace it for you. It should be a smooth finish. [emoji1360]

zef

Drag Racing Champion
Ugh. Last time I exchanged something from ECS it was a huge headache. And I also ordered Cherry Red tail lights. Guess what they sent me? Dark cherry.

/sigh

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
My lip showed up with a crack from ECS too. It's hard to say if it was shipping, the rest of it was fine and it wasn't that large of a crack. I didn't have the carbon fiber version though, so fixing it was easy.

zef

Drag Racing Champion
Yeah I should've went with a more durable option since I am sure the CF is going to get scuffed at some point, but I'm kind of a ricer so I'm a sucker for CF.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Yeah I should've went with a more durable option since I am sure the CF is going to get scuffed at some point, but I'm kind of a ricer so I'm a sucker for CF.

I really thought about going CF, it was a tough choice lol

Tyler12108

Go Kart Newbie
Ecs sent me the wrong brake pads recently, I'd been using them for the past few years no problem but seems like I keep hearing stuff like this happening a lot more

zef

Drag Racing Champion
Dropped them back off at FedEx today... let's see what happens.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Dropped them back off at FedEx today... let's see what happens.
did you ever talk to ECS? like their live chat or a email and ask them?

zef

Drag Racing Champion
did you ever talk to ECS? like their live chat or a email and ask them?

Yeah I spoke with them on the phone and they gave me an RMA#. I described the "crack" and they just said send it back we'll give you another one lol.

Their live chat is a joke, but the people on the phone were actually pretty nice about it. Hopefully this is a good sign.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
I too have had issues with ECS. never again.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Yeah I spoke with them on the phone and they gave me an RMA#. I described the "crack" and they just said send it back we'll give you another one lol.

Their live chat is a joke, but the people on the phone were actually pretty nice about it. Hopefully this is a good sign.

Yeah their live chat i think it just some outsourced garbage. I asked a question about a part because it didn't actually list any detail and they just copied and pasted the description.. So i had to ask them again what that actually meant and they said that was all the info they had. Def not car people on the chat.