GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > GTI 2.0T Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Tunes

Old 11-27-2017, 08:16 PM   #15
gtimk6spd
Oval Newbie

Drives: 2010 GTI 2 door 6 speed
Never was able to get the VCDS to import logs correctly. Ended up going to a VW dealership to have it diagnosed. They're pretty confident that my valve springs are the issue (valve float). They referred me to a local APR dealer to get the work done there. VW also quoted $1,100 for a carbon cleaning, so I'll just do it at the APR dealer once they run their diagnostics.

Cylinder 2 is main misfire, cylinder 3 also misfires. If anyone is looking for the solution once the car has work done to it (in 1-2 weeks hopefully) I'll either update here or in my journal (link in sig).
2010 GTI 6MT CW 2 DR | APR Stage 2, DP, Cabonio Intake, Catch Can, Pendulum | WaveTrac LSD | Southbend Stage 2 Daily | DieselGeek Sigma 6 | AWE Catback DBT | Neuspeed Hi-Flo | ARM FMIC, TOP | NewSouth Boost Gauge | 034 Dogbone, Subframe, Engine/Tranny Mounts | TyrolSport Master Bracket | "R8" Coils
gtimk6spd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 08:30 PM   #16
sterkrazzy
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: mk6 gti
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtimk6spd View Post
VW also quoted $1,100 for a carbon cleaning
Were they at least going to kiss you before they fucked you?
Mk6 CSG GTI 6sp | Stratified Tuned | Sachs SRE Stage 2 Clutch | DG SS | Raceseng Ashiko Heavy Shift Knob | Integrated Engineering CAI | CTS Turboback | GFB DV+ | Neuspeed RSe52's + Intercooler | Michelin PSS | 034 RSB + Upper Strut Mounts + Street Density Motor Mounts + Locking Collars | Eibach Pro-Street-S Coils | Energy Suspension Dogbone Insert | Fluidampr Pulley | Tyrolsport Stage 2 Hatch Brace | Stoptech Slotted Rotors
sterkrazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 08:32 PM   #17
gtimk6spd
Oval Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterkrazzy View Post
Were they at least going to kiss you before they fucked you?

They said strictly no kissing. Always thought that was odd.
2010 GTI 6MT CW 2 DR | APR Stage 2, DP, Cabonio Intake, Catch Can, Pendulum | WaveTrac LSD | Southbend Stage 2 Daily | DieselGeek Sigma 6 | AWE Catback DBT | Neuspeed Hi-Flo | ARM FMIC, TOP | NewSouth Boost Gauge | 034 Dogbone, Subframe, Engine/Tranny Mounts | TyrolSport Master Bracket | "R8" Coils
Old 11-27-2017, 10:15 PM   #18
whitewolf33
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: 2013 CW Wolfsburg
Quote:

They said strictly no kissing. Always thought that was odd.
that is odd. I stop by my local dealership every once in a while just for the kisses
Old 11-28-2017, 08:54 PM   #19
gtimk6spd
Oval Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitewolf33 View Post
that is odd. I stop by my local dealership every once in a while just for the kisses
I'm going to all the wrong places it seems. This non-dealer shop has no limits though!
Old 12-04-2017, 06:42 PM   #20
gtimk6spd
Oval Newbie

New update! It doesn't seem to be the valve springs after all (at this point). It seems to be an injector(s) issue and in need of a carbon cleaning. Parts are coming in tomorrow and the work should be done by Wednesday/Thursday. I'll know then whether or not those were the complete cause of my CEL.
Old 12-12-2017, 11:21 PM   #21
gtimk6spd
Oval Newbie

Quote:
Got my car back today after a fresh set of injectors and a carbon cleaning were performed. I am around 54,000 miles and the carbon buildup was said to be pretty minimal for those miles. Either way I wanted it done to save on labor.

So far no CEL, but it's snowing here and I am still on my summer tires. I didn't have a chance to redline it (where the problem commonly occurred). I will say it felt much smoother in the power delivery and maybe more powerful? I think the "extra" power is just a false butt dyno since I was driving a N/A 140 hp car the past week.

I will also say that the hesitation in the 2-3k RPM range under lighter throttle is once again fixed. It was initially fixed when I put in the GFB DV+, but that came back a short while later. Now it seems like everything is more linear. The car also idles smoother and doesn't feel down on power in the cold.
Quick summary in case someone else is searching for answers on their car. After a year of on and off CEL I finally feel like the car is running properly.
Old 12-13-2017, 01:22 AM   #22
GIACUser
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: 2008 MKV EFR7163
Quote:
Unfortunately I do not see the same arrangement come up after running Meas. Blocks - 06 but rather a mess of things. Possibly due to using OpenOffice Spreadsheet vs Excel (which I do not have).

CEL is back P0300 and P0302
Not sure about OpenOffice but I think you have a chance to change the views before you do the final import of a CSV file to get it to look like you want it to.

Or you could use Google Sheets, which is free and CSV files open up just like Excel.

Also have look at a little video I made a while back about logging. It is easiest to use the Advanced Measuring blocks to pick and choose what you want to log. Probably 2, maybe 3 groups max with that cable you have. The HEX+Can cable has turbo mode and a higher sampling rate. The more data you choose to log the fewer samples you will get.

my youtube video
Old 12-13-2017, 11:05 PM   #23
gtimk6spd
Oval Newbie

I must have been doing something wrong when loading it. I'll try Google Sheets next chance I get/need to do logs.

I think I logged 4 things at a time, but not whole groups. Still a helpful video, thanks.