GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > GTI & Golf MKVI General Discussions

Old 12-04-2017, 04:27 AM   #1
Sauce118
FIA World Rally Car Champion

Drives: 2010 VW GTI (6spd White)
DP W/M QUESTION CF BELOW 3K?

For those of you who have the experience and knowledge of WM Tuning...

How important is timing pull below 3k? I understand you don't want to see 12's, but realistically if I am pulling an occasional 6 between 1800 and 2800 is that really a big deal? As others have explained to me, it is an unrealistic driving condition, which makes sense. But, I was also told by some very respectable people to try and get it down to around 3-3.5 max (below 3k). My only thing is that to get it down into the 2's and 3's I have to spray A LOT of meth. I am between .6's at the IM with gain maxed and .8s at the IM at about 50% gain ( don't see any improvement below 50% w/ .8s). Now if the CF below 3k is not something to worry about, then I can literally spray a LOT less. I then can easily get by with absolutely no CF above 3k and some random pings up to 5-6 below 3k. If I have to spray the hell out of it to keep it safe, then that's what I have to do. I just feel like I am using so much meth all the time and constantly re-filling the 10L tank. I run Aquamist HFS-4 DP set to 100% BOOST PI-R and Triggers at 9psi (any lower and I spray during "normal driving"). I currently took the .8s back out to put the .6s back in to do some more troubleshooting. I started running a E30 blend, which helps A LITTLE BIT, but nothing really worth noting (maybe takes a whole CF point off each cyl; but I can tell the car likes the E30 :-) ).

I guess my overall question is.... If its okay to pull around 6 between 1500-2800 then I can get away with spraying a lot less meth. To keep them down in the 2s and 3s I have to crank that baby up.

Also, the only CF i am getting at ALL is below 3k. I havent seen anything but 0's above 3k since I got her "dialed in". What are you guys thoughts??
2010 GTi 6mt: Candy White: CTS K04 W/APR v3.12: AQUAMIST HFS-4 v3.1 W/M Direct Port: Peloquin LSD: Wilwood BBK: CTS Downpipe: Beluga CatBack: ARM Motorsports FMIC: CTS CAI: CTS BOV Kit: RSR Clutch: CTS Charge Pipes: Fluidampr Pulley: Koni Coilovers: WALK Kit: SPM Full Mounts: DieselGeek SS w/ bushings: Eurosport Front & Rear Strut Bar: STERN Brace: HID's: 'R' Grill: Various Cosmetics GT3073 BUILD IN PROGRESS!!!
Sauce118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 12:23 PM   #2
GIACUser
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: 2008 MKV EFR7163
At the point where it is pulling 6, what is it requesting? Just curious, I want to compare to one of my old logs. And I am assuming this timing pull is coming under full acceleration, correct?

Seems a little high but not unsafe and doubt you are losing any power that you would feel. (opinion). In similar rpm range I see in my logs that I go from zero to as high as 4 when I hit the pedal and then to zero again when spray comes in. (K04 logs, DM w/m tune)

Last edited by GIACUser; 12-04-2017 at 12:29 PM.
GIACUser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 05:31 PM   #3
Sauce118

Quote:
Originally Posted by GIACUser View Post
At the point where it is pulling 6, what is it requesting? Just curious, I want to compare to one of my old logs. And I am assuming this timing pull is coming under full acceleration, correct?

Seems a little high but not unsafe and doubt you are losing any power that you would feel. (opinion). In similar rpm range I see in my logs that I go from zero to as high as 4 when I hit the pedal and then to zero again when spray comes in. (K04 logs, DM w/m tune)
Requesting as far as what?? Boost? And yes under a full throttle log run 3rd/4th from 1800ish to redline. Though over 3k I am not pulling any timing what so ever. All my timing pull is happeneing around 2300-2800. And then 3000 hits and everything is smooth 0s. I'm not worried about losing power because it is not a real life driving condition. How often do I really floor the car in 3rd/4th gear below 3k? Spray comes on around 2100 and like I said before if I bring it on any lower (set at 9.5ish psi) then I spray all day during 'normal' driving. So it is not "dangerous" for me to be pulling 6k or so (intermittently) below 3000 RPMS? If that's the case I can back my spray off quite a bit. I have been told to try and keep my < 3000RPM CF to around 3 at max. And like stated above, I have to max her out to get her down to 3 CF and when that happens I spray so much that sometimes I back fire and I can tell I'm spraying a lot because of how fast my tank depletes. I am APR k04 w/ DP Aquamist HFS-4 and running APR 3.12 100 Oct file. If you want logs just lmk if you want to compare. I would really appreciate that. I just want to make sure that at low RPMs (an unrealistic driving condition) when I go WOT and get 6ish timing correction that it is not hurting anything. But I do want to stress that the sescond it hits 3000 RPMs I get straight 0s across the board. I have no problem at all in upper RPM range, just the real low range like below 3000. Thanks in advance!
2010 GTi 6mt: Candy White: CTS K04 W/APR v3.12: AQUAMIST HFS-4 v3.1 W/M Direct Port: Peloquin LSD: Wilwood BBK: CTS Downpipe: Beluga CatBack: ARM Motorsports FMIC: CTS CAI: CTS BOV Kit: RSR Clutch: CTS Charge Pipes: Fluidampr Pulley: Koni Coilovers: WALK Kit: SPM Full Mounts: DieselGeek SS w/ bushings: Eurosport Front & Rear Strut Bar: STERN Brace: HID's: 'R' Grill: Various Cosmetics GT3073 BUILD IN PROGRESS!!!
Old 12-04-2017, 08:28 PM   #4
GIACUser
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: 2008 MKV EFR7163
Sent PM
Old 12-05-2017, 04:04 AM   #5
Sauce118

Quote:
Originally Posted by GIACUser View Post
Sent PM
Replied... Thanks man!