GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Diagnostics fee for water pump issue

Amarcelino88

Ready to race!
Just wondering if you guys find this off a bit. I usually go to Pasadena VW for any issues with my golf r or gti. Today I went in for a low coolant issue and my car had a cel indicator on. They told had to do diagnostics and found out it’s a water pump issue. This is gonna be my second water pump replacement and they slapped a diagnostics fee of $130. Has anyone ever been charged this fee? Shouldn’t it be all covered by the warranty? Especially since it’s an on going issue with this platform.

Mk6_vic

Ready to race!
Especially if you’re under warranty. They should have waived that....they can shove that diagnostic fee up their booty..

gdub09

Ready to race!
Diag fees are normal but not all water pumps are covered under warranty. It also depends on your miles. Mine just went at 78K and I looked it up to see if it was covered and it wasn't. I had to use my extended warranty for fix it and my cam cradle. I'm not sure if its on VW website anymore but you can look up recalls and such. But like I said, not all water pumps are covered, which does suck considering it is an issue.

zrickety

The Fixer
I believe it's 1 year/12k miles on a replacement pump. If you're beyond that, you have to pay the diagnostic fee.

Jaber

Modero
I believe it's 1 year/12k miles on a replacement pump. If you're beyond that, you have to pay the diagnostic fee.

Unless the vehicle is still under warranty. But OP did not provide how many miles his GTI has.