GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New RCD330 Plus Headunit with Mirrorlink/Carplay

Happy bulldog

Passed Driver's Ed
Not this version. You need the 'no name' version that runs on Linux OS. Can be found on Aliexpress.com :thumbsup:

No name version has only 512Mb RAM,Desay has 1 GB RAM.
Some guys link marked 1 GB RAM for no name,actually they are selling Desay which is much cheaper.
A lot of guys are fooled.
But it is hard to check,unless you open the radio up.

greenhornet

No name version has only 512Mb RAM,Desay has 1 GB RAM.
Some guys link marked 1 GB RAM for no name,actually they are selling Desay which is much cheaper.
A lot of guys are fooled.
But it is hard to check,unless you open the radio up.

I bought a 1gb 187B no name from AIDU and it is what it said it is.

You can spot a Desay from the hardware version number. No name units are mostly 534 as far as I know.

Egbert

Was it this one? And did you say you had later version firmware files that add Android Auto?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Car...f-5-6-Jetta-CC-Tiguan-Passat/32826602888.html

Vagtec claim to be selling an RCD330 Version B that comes with a glovebox CD player, which implies working inputs for more than just a camera. Or a mistake - I've emailed them for some clarity.

http://vagtec.co.uk/eshop/volkswage...ver-media-navigation-with-dab-radio-2042.html

dadjoke

The OEM camera is RGB camera,but the RCD330 plus only can use AV camera.Even you use this Camera Connection Adapter,the image wont clear.

Then how are others able to use their OEM cameras with the RCD330?

What i suggest is that just get a AV camera,by the mean time,get a relay filter.
OEM camera has a build-in delay timer,the delay has 10 seconds.But after market camera has no build-in delay timer,so the extra delay timer(relay filter) is needed to avoid the black screen when you put the reverse gear in short time.

To clarify — you're suggesting that on top of using a camera adapter and an AV converter (here's a pic of what I have plus antenna adapter), I also need to purchase a relay filter?

Happy bulldog

Passed Driver's Ed

You can spot a Desay from the hardware version number. No name units are mostly 534 as far as I know.

U are right.
But the price for desay is much cheaper.
I think you can get your part money back.
They are cheating.

Happy bulldog

Passed Driver's Ed
Was it this one? And did you say you had later version firmware files that add Android Auto?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Car...f-5-6-Jetta-CC-Tiguan-Passat/32826602888.html

Vagtec claim to be selling an RCD330 Version B that comes with a glovebox CD player, which implies working inputs for more than just a camera. Or a mistake - I've emailed them for some clarity.

http://vagtec.co.uk/eshop/volkswage...ver-media-navigation-with-dab-radio-2042.html

Correct.This is the link,selling desay for no name version price.

jaredmbr

Then how are others able to use their OEM cameras with the RCD330?

To clarify — you're suggesting that on top of using a camera adapter and an AV converter (here's a pic of what I have plus antenna adapter), I also need to purchase a relay filter?

I think he's saying that if you use the factory RGB camera and convert it like we are doing, it will work but you wont get a good picture? So he is suggesting we purchase an AV camera and swap it out with the factory one. Once again I'm confused though because I've heard of many people hooking up the factory camera and it works just fine.

The delay timer is only needed if you are swapping in an aftermarket camera.

I've heard a lot of conflicting information on this now and can't find a cut-and dry answer anywhere. I guess the only way forward is to start trying to wire it up and see what works.

I do appreciate the input though Happy bulldog.

Last edited:

Simba92

If anyone has the firmware to upgrade, please can you share or PM me and i'll upload for everyone else looking to upgrade.

dadjoke

I think he's saying that if you use the factory RGB camera and convert it like we are doing, it will work but you wont get a good picture? So he is suggesting we purchase an AV camera and swap it out with the factory one. Once again I'm confused though because I've heard of many people hooking up the factory camera and it works just fine.

The delay timer is only needed if you are swapping in an aftermarket camera.

I've heard a lot of conflicting information on this now and can't find a cut-and dry answer anywhere. I guess the only way forward is to start trying to wire it up and see what works.

I do appreciate the input though Happy bulldog.

Yeah, I don't want to swap out my OEM camera with an aftermarket unit. :iono:

Thanks for clarifying the need for a delay timer, or lack thereof.

greenhornet

Hi everyone. Sorry to those that have PM'd but got no reply - I've been mega busy the last few days. Okay so firmware...

This firmware will upgrade 187B units with Carplay to Android Auto (replacing Baidu Carlife). This has only been tested on units with the hardware version 534 so if you choose to try this update on any other HW versions then you do so at your own risk. That being said, i can't see why this wouldn't work on any of the 187B models. As always, do this update with the ignition on and be sure to let the update process complete without interruption. If you are asked for a code on restart just use 0000.

Just whack this firmware on a USB stick as is - don't extract the .tar file.

Enjoy.

https://wetransfer.com/downloads/a7...02d62c376416a9ec3ea829a920171215172558/a49c23