GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Riceburner goes from MK7 to MK6 K04...

zef

Drag Racing Champion
I got some alcantara bits from redlinegoods as well. Great company.

Be wary, getting that whole center console/cup holder assembly out is a huge pain in the ass. It's the most over engineered setup I've ever worked on. If you get stuck let me know.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
^ i can only imagine, based upon the few other interior pieces i've tried to take apart! i believe i've seen a 'how to' in the past about replacing the cup holder which i intend to follow.

also i'm really quite nervous about removing the dash board... any tips on that please i'm all ears lol

riceburner

Autocross Champion
well i reached out to BFI about getting some red leather with perforations to match my DSG knob; after some back and forths turns out my only options would be ordering 25 square feet for like 500 bucks... ummm no thanks, so I found some pretty close matches around the web and got a few samples to see if any match close enough to use for an accent piece or two.

Upgraded my ebay RCD510 to an OEM RCD510 so that I have a clock on the display and the radio adapter works; found it for a good price from a guy on here.

Also ordered my e-brake handle cover to match the shift boot from redlinegoods; also will be charcoal alacantara with red stitching.

Getting excited to start ripping my whole dashboard apart... NOT! Lol. But am excited to get to it and make this interior look like magic.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Sub'd! Lmk if you need any wheels/suspension bits I can get discounts on all sorts of stuff

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

noted and thanks! Will be looking into passat control arms, mounts and such.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Probably just hit a big snag with my car.

Blue smoke, probably burning/leaking oil pretty bad and randomly.

Almost got to work today and noticed my car idling really bad and stalled at a light. then noticed when i started it back up I smelled burning chemicals, noticed white/blue smoke everywhere. limped that last mile to work like a dumbass cause its 0 degrees out... SHIT! LOL. Oil level seems fine, coolant level seems fine, no codes, temp seems fine, i wasn't beating the car for the last few days i drove it like a baby (maybe thats the problem??)

sooo fun!

a while back i DID find some milk at the bottom of my dipstick, which many chaulk up to be some magic VW mystery due to cold weather, and i have been losing some oil lately, around 1/2 qt to a quart per ~2000 miles maybe?

EDIT: Frozen and full catch can, drained it and all is well :facepalm:

Last edited:

riceburner

Autocross Champion
picked up some maxton design Golf R side skirt extensions, due to a great price on ECS tuning... their spoiler fits great so i have no doubts these will be awesome as well, and compliment the dutchparts front splitter nicely.

Last thing now, my rear diffuser will be looking a little lackluster... but not many great options out there.. not for a large cost atleast.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Got some more goodies either here or on the way
Piano black mirror covers
Tornado red vynil inserts for steering wheel badge and rearview mirror
The 'cutout' pieces from the MK5 center console - may be cutting my center console up to put these in because I love the look
download.jpg
ECS Tuning jack pad adapter set (can NOT jack up my car without something like that!)
Double Apex USB 3.0 Charging port
GLI E-brake leather boot (which i intend to retrofit over our plastic 'boot')
Euro cupholder
Manual shift base trim to convert my DSG to a 'manual' look ;)
*will swap redlinegoods shift boot onto this

Lightly considering cutting up the dash vents to mimic the golf W12 concept dash vents with the honeycomb mesh... kind of tempting lol, pic for referance below
finally where the hell can i get a triple dash gauge pod like that, or like the new beetles, or the euro scirrocos?? so sex
2007-volkswagen-golf-gti-w12-650-concept-6.jpg

Last edited:

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Finally had a spare minute to do a thing or two.

Installed e-brake handle, great fit from redlinegoods! 10 minute install.

Test-fitted the GLI e-brake boot; it'll fit but I need to take apart the center console yet to tuck it behind the plastic trim at the armrest storage. No pics.

Also attempted (ATTEMPTED) isntall of the redlinegoods shift boot - no dice here; you need a stapler to staple the boot to the plastic inner trim ring, mine broke upon initial removal. Also I think the boot itself is way too long so i'm dealing with a lot of excess material; it just didn't work. Hoping when I get my manual shifter base i can swap it over to that and it will work; we will see.

Finally tried to install the steering wheel cover; was going great but I found i couldn't tuck it behind the chrome trim as intended, the airbag must come off to remove that trim, and no matter how i finangled the metal tabs that hold the bag in, it would simply not detatch. going to revisit later.

20180106_145102 (Custom).jpg

20180106_151220_HDR (Custom).jpg

20180106_163019 (Custom).jpg

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Yes I do haha. Lost my company truck for a while so haven't had the chance.

Did pick up leather rear seats over the weekend as well so need to stitch those while I get them inside. :)

riceburner

Autocross Champion
My car is a manumatic now :X
IMG_20180111_171456 (Custom).jpg

IMG_20180111_171507 (Custom).jpg