GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > GTI & Golf MKVI General Discussions

Old 09-14-2016, 04:22 PM   #85
nik
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: '12 CSG 6spd GTI 4DR
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex654 View Post
Old thread but does anyone have and good way to mount a light bar to the oem roof rack ?

You may need to fab a bracket. But I think 6mm (going off memory) cap bolts (ones with the square sleeve and round head w/o socket) slide right into the tracks. Use a rubber washer between that and the bracket with a few regular steel washers to lock into place.

Sent from the crapper using Fapatalk
Old 09-14-2016, 04:23 PM   #86
NYCSuits
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: '12 GTI, '16 GSW SE LP/DP
Quote:
Originally Posted by xHeartcoreboyx View Post
Don't block your intercooler guys.
This.

Mounting a light bar in the bumper is one of the most idiotic things you can do. Sure you can breath with half your mouth and nose covered while sitting but it becomes a lot harder when you run. Same goes for the engine....AC condenser will have to work harder to cool the air, the intercooler temps will be through the roof, and the coolant won't do it's job and oil temps will start to rise to damaging levels.
Akrapovic | REVO | RNS510 Rev-Q | OEM Euro Cup Holder | OEM Euro Power Folding Mirrors | OEM Euro Mirrors | OEM Golf R Mirror Caps | OEM RLS Windshield | OEM RLS | OEM Dimming Mirror | OEM DG Springs | OEM LED Tails | OEM Dash Cubby | ECS CF Intake | Unibrace UB | Tyrolsport | SPM RSB | 17" OEM Goals | 18" OEM VW Motorsport | 18" OEM Detroit | OEM+ | OEM Match Markers | OEM Lip Spoiler | 50% llumar | WeatherTech| Vagcom
NYCSuits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 04:41 PM   #87
Jared32
FIA World Rally Car Champion

Drives: CSG 2012 VW GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCSuits View Post
This.

Mounting a light bar in the bumper is one of the most idiotic things you can do. Sure you can breath with half your mouth and nose covered while sitting but it becomes a lot harder when you run. Same goes for the engine....AC condenser will have to work harder to cool the air, the intercooler temps will be through the roof, and the coolant won't do it's job and oil temps will start to rise to damaging levels.
Lol I had one in my bumper for several months and took it out last weekend for later when I put in an intercooler. I'm stage two though and I logged temps and such several times and it made no noticeable difference... I only got heatsoak just a few times too and I normally run my car pretty hard.. also I haven't felt any improvement since I took it out either.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Old 12-23-2017, 08:03 PM   #88
armycanuck

Drives:
Just mounted a Rigid Sr-Series 6" Combo PN# 906313 ro my MK6 Golf TDI. Mounted on Smittybilt PN# 2815 - licence plate Light Mount.

Throws a nice beam about 800m, floods up a decent amount surrounding also. The aftermarket Projector Headlights don't have good high beams... So this is a nice supplement.

It's not very obtrusive. I'm just using supplied switch run to cabin for now, will eventually run it through euro switch, to rear fogs maybe. Have some research to do yet to do so. I'll add some more pics next week with light throw, wiring, etc

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
armycanuck is offline   Reply With Quote