GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Regional Forums > New England

Old 12-27-2017, 09:33 PM   #1
Antman
Go Kart Newbie

Drives: 2013 GTI
Any one in Southern Maine

I just bought a 2013 GTI and was wondering if there was anyone in the Southern Maine area. Don't know anyone who is into VW. I live in Lewiston. My plans are to Stage 1 in the spring so I would like to meet someone who has had it done to get their opinion on where to go and which one to get. I also have never been in tuned GTI so it would be nice to ride in one. Just meeting someone who is into it and can teach me a few things would help. Since I have got it I have noticed a decent amount on the road. I would drive a good distance so even if you are in NH or MASS and are willing to take me for a ride please contact me. I know the numbers are good but I would like to feel it for myself before I get one. Thanks in advance and hopefully this is a short winter. Can't wait to get some summer tires on and see what this car can do.
Antman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 10:13 AM   #2
tdream1
FIA GT Champion

Drives: 2010 CW GTI
Welcome to the club! I'm far beyond the point you want to try out, but can assure you a Stage 1 tune is great! I was APR Stage 1 @ 600 miles and then went K04 at 4000 miles. I loved the Stage 1 tune back in 2010 and I know there have been improvements since then. Hopefully someone in your vicinity has a Stage 1 that you can experience. You will not be disappointed.

Cheers!
APR K04 - Stratifed Protune - PTP turbo blanket - Coolingmist CMGS water/meth controller running dual nozzles and trunk mounted tank - Nuespeed TOP - All 3 UNIbraces - Unitronic CAI with DV relocation kit using DV+ on REV C - 034 RSB - RSR clutch - APR IC - APR cast downpipe - Borla CBE - Fluidampr Pulley - Golf R LED tails - Forge OCC (newest version) - Michelin PSS mounted on Nuespeed RSe12s and too many other things to list.
tdream1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 05:13 PM   #3
SyDiko
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: 2012 GTI
Congratulations on your purchase and welcome.

While the rest of my car is modded, I'm still on the stock tune believe it or not lol. I've recently had the itch to do a turbo upgrade though.
SyDiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 10:37 AM   #4
uglybastard
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: VW Mk6 CSG GTI 2D 6MT; Jeep WJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antman View Post
I just bought a 2013 GTI and was wondering if there was anyone in the Southern Maine area. Don't know anyone who is into VW. I live in Lewiston. My plans are to Stage 1 in the spring so I would like to meet someone who has had it done to get their opinion on where to go and which one to get. I also have never been in tuned GTI so it would be nice to ride in one. Just meeting someone who is into it and can teach me a few things would help. Since I have got it I have noticed a decent amount on the road. I would drive a good distance so even if you are in NH or MASS and are willing to take me for a ride please contact me. I know the numbers are good but I would like to feel it for myself before I get one. Thanks in advance and hopefully this is a short winter. Can't wait to get some summer tires on and see what this car can do.
currently planning on going with COBB in the late spring, stage 2. if the timing works i am a bit closer than most.

R135 ..............VAGCOM in Southern NH
╬╬╣
..246.............. Insta
uglybastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 08:36 PM   #5
Antman
Go Kart Newbie

Drives: 2013 GTI
I have pretty much decided Iím going to do the stage 1 tune in the spring. Going to wait till the snow is off the ground though. Already have to lay off the gas with the weather as it is. Which is pretty hard to do.
Antman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 09:43 AM   #6
Cbaileyevo

Drives: 2011 GTI
Iím in windham area, Iím going straight to stage 2 I think, slowly buying parts. Limitless in Lewiston is a good place to start the guy there seems to know his VWs, havenít stopped in yet but talked to him on Facebook.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cbaileyevo is offline   Reply With Quote