GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > GTI 2.0T Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Tunes

Old 01-02-2018, 11:04 AM   #1
KFahey
Oval Newbie

Drives: 2011 MK6 GTI-MT
Passing Inspection With APR K04 V3.1

Okay, so i passed inspection last year no problem with this setup by:

1. Replacing the Map sensor to the stock one.

2. Setting car to Stock program

3. Driving 20-30 miles to reset readiness

4. Having one o2 spacer that has never given me a code since it was installed 2 years ago (I'm CBFA)

My question is, is it possible to not throw a code being in stock mode but having the 3 bar map sensor installed? Not having to swap that sensor out every year would be great. One of the screws is also stripped and i cannot remove it so im hoping i can reset readiness and not throw a code with the 3 map sensor in....Are other APR k04 users doing this same thing to pass inspections? Any input would be great.

Thank you!
Old 01-02-2018, 11:32 AM   #2
GoodTimesIndeed
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: 2011 GTI 2Dr DSG
I don't swap out my MAP sensor and I've never had an issue. I believe this just allows the ecu to see higher boost levels.
APR K04 / meth injection / custom intake / Eurojet turboback / Neuspeed FMIC / FMIC sprayer / FSB-RSB / Endlinks / 034 Mounts / HPA 75A / AWE TOP / BSH TBP / ECS Catch Can / Solo Werks / Centric rotors / StopTech pads / Tyrolsport / Powerflex Bushings & A.L.K. / Stern Brace / Eurosport Strut Brace & Rear XB / TCR-II System / Misc Interior & Exterior Mods / Build Thread / My flickr
GoodTimesIndeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 11:57 AM   #3
KFahey
Oval Newbie

I thought it throws a code after a bit, maybe only if you go into too high of boost. Do you just avoid getting into boost for 30-50 miles until your readiness is resets?
Old 01-02-2018, 12:19 PM   #4
GoodTimesIndeed
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: 2011 GTI 2Dr DSG
If you're back in stock mode, you won't hit high levels of boost anyways. I just drive like I normally do. Never seemed to have any issues and I passed emissions testing in PA and MD doing so.
APR K04 / meth injection / custom intake / Eurojet turboback / Neuspeed FMIC / FMIC sprayer / FSB-RSB / Endlinks / 034 Mounts / HPA 75A / AWE TOP / BSH TBP / ECS Catch Can / Solo Werks / Centric rotors / StopTech pads / Tyrolsport / Powerflex Bushings & A.L.K. / Stern Brace / Eurosport Strut Brace & Rear XB / TCR-II System / Misc Interior & Exterior Mods / Build Thread / My flickr
GoodTimesIndeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 12:24 PM   #5
KFahey
Oval Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodTimesIndeed View Post
If you're back in stock mode, you won't hit high levels of boost anyways. I just drive like I normally do. Never seemed to have any issues and I passed emissions testing in PA and MD doing so.
Cool, thanks for the response man!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Old 01-02-2018, 01:00 PM   #6
tdream1
FIA GT Champion

Drives: 2010 CW GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by KFahey View Post
Okay, so i passed inspection last year no problem with this setup by:

1. Replacing the Map sensor to the stock one.

2. Setting car to Stock program

3. Driving 20-30 miles to reset readiness

4. Having one o2 spacer that has never given me a code since it was installed 2 years ago (I'm CBFA)

My question is, is it possible to not throw a code being in stock mode but having the 3 bar map sensor installed? Not having to swap that sensor out every year would be great. One of the screws is also stripped and i cannot remove it so im hoping i can reset readiness and not throw a code with the 3 map sensor in....Are other APR k04 users doing this same thing to pass inspections? Any input would be great.

Thank you!
What DP are you running? I moved from a 42dd to the new cat APR DP. The spacer config I was using for the 42dd does not work on my APR and I throw a code. I'm having the RAI J-spacer installed today with the middle jet. Just wondering if anyone else is running similar setup.
APR K04 - Stratifed Protune - PTP turbo blanket - Coolingmist CMGS water/meth controller running dual nozzles and trunk mounted tank - Nuespeed TOP - All 3 UNIbraces - Unitronic CAI with DV relocation kit using DV+ on REV C - 034 RSB - RSR clutch - APR IC - APR cast downpipe - Borla CBE - Fluidampr Pulley - Golf R LED tails - Forge OCC (newest version) - Michelin PSS mounted on Nuespeed RSe12s and too many other things to list.
tdream1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 01:02 PM   #7
KFahey
Oval Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdream1 View Post
What DP are you running? I moved from a 42dd to the new cat APR DP. The spacer config I was using for the 42dd does not work on my APR and I throw a code. I'm having the RAI J-spacer installed today with the middle jet. Just wondering if anyone else is running similar setup.
I have a CTS turbo downpipe catless. I have the Vibrant or RAI Elbow spacer with the middle jet, worked like a charm

Old 01-02-2018, 01:04 PM   #8
damagi123
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: 2012 GTI DSG
Quote:
Cool, thanks for the response man!

Mine ALWAYS throws the MAP code. im CBFA as well. theyre just more finicky so that might be the reason. No matter what I do, if i go back to stock mode it throws it.

I just recently talked to someone at APR and they said you can VAG-COM your ECU to re-enable the defeated o2 sensor in 91 or 93 mode so you can pass in tuned mode without having to go back to stock, which takes care of the MAP problem. I plan to try that once it warms back up.

Does anyone else agree that works?
APR K04 V3.1, APR DSG tune, APR Intake, Uni intercooler, UR Catless Downpipe, CTS Chargepipe & TOP, W.A.L.K, APR 27mm Front and Rear Sways, ECS Dogbone insert, 034 Subframe Collars, Pedalbox throttle controller, 17" Fujins on Conti DW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Holliday
"You're no daisy. No daisy at all."

Last edited by damagi123; 01-02-2018 at 01:09 PM.
damagi123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 01:05 PM   #9
tdream1
FIA GT Champion

Quote:
I have a CTS turbo downpipe catless. I have the Vibrant or RAI Elbow spacer with the middle jet, worked like a charm

Thanks for the info. Wondering if I should stick with the middle jet or switch to the smallest one due to mine being a catted DP. I guess I'll figure it out if it throws a code using the middle one.
APR K04 - Stratifed Protune - PTP turbo blanket - Coolingmist CMGS water/meth controller running dual nozzles and trunk mounted tank - Nuespeed TOP - All 3 UNIbraces - Unitronic CAI with DV relocation kit using DV+ on REV C - 034 RSB - RSR clutch - APR IC - APR cast downpipe - Borla CBE - Fluidampr Pulley - Golf R LED tails - Forge OCC (newest version) - Michelin PSS mounted on Nuespeed RSe12s and too many other things to list.
Old 01-02-2018, 01:20 PM   #10
damagi123
Formula 5000 Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdream1 View Post
Thanks for the info. Wondering if I should stick with the middle jet or switch to the smallest one due to mine being a catted DP. I guess I'll figure it out if it throws a code using the middle one.
wouldnt you want to go with the larger jet? Since youre CATTED and so you make LESS exhaust than a CATLESS?
APR K04 V3.1, APR DSG tune, APR Intake, Uni intercooler, UR Catless Downpipe, CTS Chargepipe & TOP, W.A.L.K, APR 27mm Front and Rear Sways, ECS Dogbone insert, 034 Subframe Collars, Pedalbox throttle controller, 17" Fujins on Conti DW

Quote:
Old 01-02-2018, 01:25 PM   #11
KFahey
Oval Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by damagi123 View Post
Mine ALWAYS throws the MAP code. im CBFA as well. theyre just more finicky so that might be the reason. No matter what I do, if i go back to stock mode it throws it.

I just recently talked to someone at APR and they said you can VAG-COM your ECU to re-enable the defeated o2 sensor in 91 or 93 mode so you can pass in tuned mode without having to go back to stock, which takes care of the MAP problem. I plan to try that once it warms back up.

Does anyone else agree that works?
Yes i'm CBFA as well, 22 miles so far no map code yet....I would love more information about re-enabling the defeated o2 sensor in 93 mode. Do you know where i can do this in VAG?

Yes you might have to experiment with the jets, middle one seems to be the most popular that works.
Old 01-02-2018, 04:31 PM   #12
KFahey
Oval Newbie

Since i one of the bolts is stripped on my map sensor, was thinking about leaving it bolted in but unplugging it....and plugging in the stock map sensor and ziptying it to the throttle body pipe.

Bad idea? Lol just until my monitors are set.
Old 01-02-2018, 04:35 PM   #13
tdream1
FIA GT Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by damagi123 View Post
wouldnt you want to go with the larger jet? Since youre CATTED and so you make LESS exhaust than a CATLESS?
Right, right. I'll see how the middle one does and go from there.
Old 01-03-2018, 08:49 PM   #14
damagi123
Formula 5000 Driver

Quote:
Yes i'm CBFA as well, 22 miles so far no map code yet....I would love more information about re-enabling the defeated o2 sensor in 93 mode. Do you know where i can do this in VAG?

Yes you might have to experiment with the jets, middle one seems to be the most popular that works.
I don't think the map code is enough to actually give a check engine light. Are you actually pulling codes or just waiting for the light to come on

Quote: