GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New RCD330 Plus Headunit with Mirrorlink/Carplay

spicypiel

Ready to race!
Yeah reasonable theory, be interesting to see if changing over the tarball with some edited config files/filename completes a fresh flash though.

Happy bulldog

Passed Driver's Ed
Latest version 5515+C210

This is c210 to. Y510 but it will work 187b noname. But no buddy have anything about c210

This is a testing version only.
So far the latest official version is 5515+C210.The rest are all testing version.
C180+android auto,187E all testing version only.
Read from India forum team-bhp,local guys got the newest POLO or Vento which installed 187C with 5515+C210.
This is the link on Team-bhp.Try to register a user name on this forum,but could not pass,looks it is hard to get one.Any one can manage a account ?

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/190238-review-r340g-head-unit-my-polo-gt-tsi.html

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    273.4 KB · Views: 155
Last edited:

Happy bulldog

Passed Driver's Ed
Happy buldog always sharing wrong firmware and always say i dont have time to try this, and say this is new firmware. Thats why my radio is die. But i will never try again firmware came from this guy
Now i waiting new motherboard i paid 50$ .....

Sorry bro.
At least the firmware for 187A with android auto is usefull.
Wont share any anymore.
I think i need to get one more radio for testing only.
I only got one in my car.

Happy bulldog

Passed Driver's Ed
Ok but if 5515 c210 officeal updrage then how come they can install on 187B
If can install on 187B then why they sale it 187C to hight price.. same firmware same radio everything is same 187B and C. Only Hw is different .. my hw :541 but 187B

I belive dont need to ask chiness sallers because they will never sharing.

Look at here on team-bhp.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/190238-review-r340g-head-unit-my-polo-gt-tsi.html
The 187C is the latest offical radio with FW5515+C210.
187E with Y510 is the testing version only.

Happy bulldog

Passed Driver's Ed
Yes you right 5515 its 4 volums with siri volume.
But 5314 its work well maybe this official to , 5515 just upgrade siri and android auto for fixed mic and bluetooth connection. They fixed bugs with 5515

Only 1 chiness seller install 5515 on 187B and he dont want share :))

Not sure whether he has the firmware,even if he has and release it,who will buy HU from him ?
India 5515+C210 has 1GB RAM,5314 only has 512MB RAM,not sure whether it can flash the 5515 firmware later.
I can see AIDU claim it has 1GB,but it actually has 512MB only.So far it can run the testing 5314 smoothly,not sure whether can run the 5515 or newer edition.

spicypiel

Ready to race!
Mhmm not ideal news. Though given AA works quite well on the 256MB 187A it'd be worrying if they couldn't make it run well on a 512MB 187B.
At least it'd make sense if they added some features that took up a lot of RAM.

Last edited:

TDIDrive

Passed Driver's Ed
Mhmm not ideal news. Though given AA works quite well on the 256MB 187A it'd be worrying if they couldn't make it run well on a 512MB 187B.
At least it'd make sense if they added some features that took up a lot of RAM.

I've got the noname AIDU 1GB (Well from reading on here, it doesn't have 1GB ...) 187B. I upgraded to AA from someones firmware shared on this thread. I have to say, AA is pretty slow. This could be due to my phone which is awfully slow with normal use or it could be the unit, however CarPlay works like a breeze... Anyone else upgrade to AA and it run's fine?

spicypiel

Ready to race!
Which android phone? If it's slow in normal use then it'll be slow on the head unit.
Works smooth as one would expect on a flagship handset.

Last edited:

spicypiel

Ready to race!
Yeah I noticed it doesn't save all my volume settings on 5314, calls are resetting to quiet and if I fix that volume then map navigation is quiet.

TDIDrive

Passed Driver's Ed
I was try galaxy s7 and s8. Galaxy s7 work slow then s8 . Not hu only depens your phone work slow or not . Carplay work well. I try mib II on 2017 jetta belive me mibII slow then rcd330. Android auto work with 187A 256mb ram and work fine.

So are you saying it's my phone then?

spicypiel

Ready to race!
I noticed a difference between the Sony X performance and the HTC10 I'm using now if that matters much, not much inside apps but lag changing between music and maps usually - that isn't there on the HTC10. If you can borrow a friends Android (something nice like a pixel or galaxy s8) to rule it out that'd help.

Factory resetting and not relying on hybrid SD Card storage would probably make the world of difference to the responsiveness of Android Auto though.

On paper it's quite a fast phone, so not sure why it's so slow in normal use.

spicypiel

Ready to race!
Mirrorlink is awful and basically useless compared to android auto. If it wasn't so bad I'm sure the demand for the Android Auto firmware wouldn't be so high!