GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New RCD330 Plus Headunit with Mirrorlink/Carplay

rottgrub

i don't have audible, but it only quiets podcast addict and plex music. it doesn't pause them

I actually wouldn't mind as much if it paused the audiobook, but instead it just keeps playing at 0 volume, so I end up repeatedly increasing volume, and then rewinding back 30 seconds.

Appreciate the offer to try it locally, but I'm on the opposite end of the state in Pittsburgh. Bit too much of a drive, but thanks! =)

jonfive

I actually wouldn't mind as much if it paused the audiobook, but instead it just keeps playing at 0 volume, so I end up repeatedly increasing volume, and then rewinding back 30 seconds.

Appreciate the offer to try it locally, but I'm on the opposite end of the state in Pittsburgh. Bit too much of a drive, but thanks! =)

ahh, it's only 5.5 hours :p

No prob. if i find anyone with audible i'll let you know

Egbert

Name shows up on the front display but only frequency shows on the box's presets on the front screen. If you go into the station list it shows all the rds names.

No you cannot upload station icons at this stage.

Thanks. Zero change from 5314, then. Disappointing - I guess it shows that this isn’t a priority compared to smartphone mirroring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Jeffs2013GTI

Drag Race Newbie
I think these type of Head Units are cool, BUT, I just dont like how they do not integrate with the Dash layout like the factory Nav system does. Its nice using nav in my car and not having to look at the screen because all the info I need is right where the gauges are.

I have a 315 Nav system that has been in the car since new. It has a small screen but its snappy, good graphics, easy to use and works with my dash.

Until they can sort out the Dash part I will pass on these.

For those that never had Factory NAV? You have nothing to lose by trying this.

Jeff

jonfive

@gokturks

Here's the fader and EQ pictures you wanted yesterday

rottgrub

I think these type of Head Units are cool, BUT, I just dont like how they do not integrate with the Dash layout like the factory Nav system does. Its nice using nav in my car and not having to look at the screen because all the info I need is right where the gauges are.

I have a 315 Nav system that has been in the car since new. It has a small screen but its snappy, good graphics, easy to use and works with my dash.

Until they can sort out the Dash part I will pass on these.

For those that never had Factory NAV? You have nothing to lose by trying this.

Jeff

In what way do these not integrate with the factory dash layout? These are actual VW parts and use the same design language as the 2016+ headunits, and are the same size bezel as the RNS-315, RCD-510, and RNS-510 units (among others).

Honestly curious. Thanks!

banananz

In what way do these not integrate with the factory dash layout? These are actual VW parts and use the same design language as the 2016+ headunits, and are the same size bezel as the RNS-315, RCD-510, and RNS-510 units (among others).

I think he meant integration into the MFD. Eg after installing RCD330 you loose the ability to see what station/song was playing in MFD. Or if you had phone you could see phone info, or nav info etc.

From my experience with CarPlay in different cars, the maps never come up into the drivers display so I don’t expect this feature to ever be implemented in new software updates.

spicypiel

Ready to race!
Would be nice to get music/radio controls on the MFD though. Chances of it happening seem slim though. Wonder what the vento/polo in India have MFD wise and how much works.

Jeffs2013GTI

Drag Race Newbie

In between my gauge cluster it tells me when to turn, how far till I have to turn, gives me all my Navi info right there, also my music info, all integrated in. These type of systems your referring to do not work with the MFDI I think its called?

The factory unit is all integrated in. With this unit your showing, it will not do that. Unless you can prove that it does?

Jeff

Jeffs2013GTI

Drag Race Newbie
I think he meant integration into the MFD. Eg after installing RCD330 you loose the ability to see what station/song was playing in MFD. Or if you had phone you could see phone info, or nav info etc.

From my experience with CarPlay in different cars, the maps never come up into the drivers display so I don’t expect this feature to ever be implemented in new software updates.

+1 ^^^

The Navi part in particular is VERY useful and no aftermarket unit does it. For that reason alone, I keep my OEM RNS 315. Simple, Easy to use, boots very quickly and integrates in to the car.

This system your showing is good for people that did not get the Factory SatNav as an option.

Jeff

GtiJase

Passed Driver's Ed
+1 ^^^

The Navi part in particular is VERY useful and no aftermarket unit does it. For that reason alone, I keep my OEM RNS 315. Simple, Easy to use, boots very quickly and integrates in to the car.

This system your showing is good for people that did not get the Factory SatNav as an option.

Jeff

Would have to disagree with you just a little there, I had the full RNS 510 system in mine and yes it was a fantastic system and integrated into the MFD and everything, I changed mine out mainly because of android auto. Maps that up up to the minute correct (google or waze maps) as having to wait for VW to release maps and then when they do they charge you an obscene amount for them is just beyond belief. Spotify and or google play for my music and any question I want to ask google at the push of a button on my steering wheel. It brings my 2011 gti right up to my current tech needs.

I can see more pluses then negatives in upgrading to one of these units IMO

Mr_Dog

Ready to race!
+1 ^^^

Jeff

Honestly, once you switch over those things are forgotten.

Every time I plug my phone in to the system and open Maps it guessed where I am going 90% of the time correctly and I can see traffic right away. Not to mention voice assistants become 100 times more useful.

How often do you actually use the NAV with the RNS315?

I had the RNS315 before this and there is just no going back to that.

Mr_Dog

Ready to race!
Hey guys

Sorry I’m a bit of a newb when it comes to these units.

Just bought one from eBay and love it - I didn’t know anything about them before my purchase so all I made sure was to get one that had CarPlay.

Anyone able to tell me if mine is considered up to date as such?

It’s a Desay 187B.

The strange thing is that after reading lots on here, I don’t seem to have many bugs that others have spoken of?

My volume doesn’t jump after using Siri
I have RDS

There was something else but I can’t remember now!

Great unit though guys, really rate it.

The Desay ones actually have a different firmware and dont have the Siri bug. They even have a low battery notification if you turn your car off and leave stuff running awhile.

The only problem I found with the Desay was the balance was fixed to the forward. Can you double check the balance screen on your unit?