GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

I rear ended a bimbo

ty50

Technically im the idiot however it was one of those on ramp deals where you need to yield to traffic coming from the left from their left turn onto ramp. I was coming onto the ramp taking a right. So the lady in front of me and myself needed to make sure we were all clear from the left before entering onto the on ramp.
There wasn’t a car in sight, we were likely both doing less than 15 mph. I took my eyes off the bimbo in front of me who decided it would be a great idea to just immediately stop to do some extr curricular activity she had going on, I look up and SHIT!, she’s right there. I did have time to hit my brakes to bring the speed down even lower. Still my fault. Heres my problem, very little dammage to the rear bumper of her malibu or whatever POS it was. She turned out to be cool about things and her damage was so slight, she called me and told me not to sweat her car. It was an older car a little faded etc. she nig rigged something that made her car fine she said.

NOW, my 2012 GTI GOT A LITTLE FRONT END DAMAGE WHERE THE PLASTICS AND GRILL POIECES WERE BROKEN, MY HOOD WAS BENT IN A TAD AND IT CRIMPED MY LEFT FRONT FENDER ENOUGH TO WHERE IT NEEDS REPLACEMENT.
MY PROBLEM IS, I gave the shop owner too much of a deposit (I’m paying out of pocket) because i wanted to get most of the pain over with. He wanted $500 , I gave him 2k as he quoted me just bareley over 2k. Well its been there for a month and a half, he hasn’t touched it in two weeks and I believe its on the back burner because he figures he’s basically paid for the job so he’ll just do it at his liesure. This guys a bastard.
Now when i got on him about him having my car unfinished forever, He told me he had/has to put it on the frame straightener.......I think he is full of shit about having to put it on the rack. I will not hold anybody to their opinion whatsoever but I’m curious as to what anyone may think. Any body guys on here or experinced guys with this kind of thing. THE FRAME STRAIGHTENER!?!!
I say hes full of shit. Can anybody share some insight on this? I think he’s simply buying time and possibly plans to squeeze more money from me.
I want my damn car back and he’s just sitting on it. It hasn’t moved in two weeks from the spot it’s in and he’s got all the parts.
I say bullshit to the frame straightener. Can anyone disagree and if so, please tell me why.

Thank you and sorry so long.

B6JoeS4

Ready to race!
Why on earth did you prepay for body work? I have never had a body shop even ask for a deposit. You're right, he has no motivation to get it done because he probably has other bigger jobs to do.

There is no way a collision like that would require the "frame" of the car to be straightened. The car doesn't even have a frame, it's unibody. If and when the front section of the "frame" gets damaged, it gets replaced not straightened. It's designed to crumple in an accident so when it gets damaged there's no going back.

I thing you need to get the car back somehow but good luck getting all your money back. He is likely going to keep a bunch of it and call it a "storage fee"

ty50

Why on earth did you prepay for body work? I have never had a body shop even ask for a deposit. You're right, he has no motivation to get it done because he probably has other bigger jobs to do.

There is no way a collision like that would require the "frame" of the car to be straightened. The car doesn't even have a frame, it's unibody. If and when the front section of the "frame" gets damaged, it gets replaced not straightened. It's designed to crumple in an accident so when it gets damaged there's no going back.

I thing you need to get the car back somehow but good luck getting all your money back. He is likely going to keep a bunch of it and call it a "storage fee"
I appreciate your time, i should know about frames better but what i do know is he is full of shit. What he said was he neededdeposit for parts, i thought that was weird, i asked my close friend (female?), if she paid up front and she said she remembered having to pay something up front, same shop. She just doesnt remember is the thing. I have know idea why this guy is being a pud. I was a technician, not body guy, for 15 years, im not a complete dipshit, but then again, this proves that a bit wrong.
Thank you for your reply.

Blakcard

Autocross Newbie
If you think a reasonable amount of time has passed I would ask for your money back. I'm assuming you signed some sort of contract? Review it. Call BBB. What sucks is Arizona has no state laws governing repair shops that being said their are laws in place to protect the consumer. Does the agreement you signed have anything in writing stating the type of repairs and when they would be done?

A private citizen can also bring an action for a violation of the Consumer Fraud Act within one year from the date the claim arises.

If you believe you have been the victim of consumer fraud, you may file a consumer complaint. For consumer inquiries, or to request a complaint form, call (602) 542-5763 (Phoenix), (520) 628-6504 (Tucson), or toll-free outside of metro Phoenix, (800) 352-8431.

good luck man. I mean that. No one wants another person to be taken advantage of. Especially a fellow Dubber

ty50

If you think a reasonable amount of time has passed I would ask for your money back. I'm assuming you signed some sort of contract? Review it. Call BBB. What sucks is Arizona has no state laws governing repair shops that being said their are laws in place to protect the consumer. Does the agreement you signed have anything in writing stating the type of repairs and when they would be done?

A private citizen can also bring an action for a violation of the Consumer Fraud Act within one year from the date the claim arises.

If you believe you have been the victim of consumer fraud, you may file a consumer complaint. For consumer inquiries, or to request a complaint form, call (602) 542-5763 (Phoenix), (520) 628-6504 (Tucson), or toll-free outside of metro Phoenix, (800) 352-8431.
good luck man. I mean that. No one wants another person to be taken advantage of. Especially a fellow Dubber

Thanx bro for the insight, every bit helps. I’m pulling my hair out. This guy is mad at me for being mad. I’m the bad guy. I can not stand this type of person. There everywhere, you may see me on the front page or Forensic Files some day. Haha

MMKAY6

Ready to race!
Not to rub salt into the wound or beat a dead horse here....BUT you never pay before a job is completed.

ty50

You’re not beating a dead horse, it helps actually

Not to rub salt into the wound or beat a dead horse here....BUT you never pay before a job is completed.

No, I appreciate it. The more replies like this that i get, the more i can show this guy what a lame ass he’s been. I was always weary of any deposit at all, why i over paid him is beyond me and definitely a lesson learned.
No dead horse beat. Thank you

KITEWAGON

Passed Driver's Ed
So you cause an accident. The person who's car you hit is nice about it and tells you not to worry about it. And you post on the interwebs that she's a bimbo?

Nice guy. Sounds like karma showed up for you at the body shop. Good luck with that. I hope you get your car or your money back.

lukesGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
So you cause an accident. The person who's car you hit is nice about it and tells you not to worry about it. And you post on the interwebs that she's a bimbo?

Nice guy. Sounds like karma showed up for you at the body shop. Good luck with that. I hope you get your car or your money back.

Karma is a bitch! I only see one bimbo in this situation..