GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com



Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > GTI & Golf MKVI General Discussions


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-30-2018, 04:38 PM   #1
darula78
Ready to race!
 
Drives: 2012 Golf R Candy White 4 Door
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Boston Ma
Posts: 23
Steering wheel Buttons for MFD not working

I brought my car to get a crack jn the front left quarter panel fixed. I just got the car back and the steering wheel buttons to control the MFD aren't working and there is an "airbag error." Can someone tell me what happened and why body work could cause this.!?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
darula78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 04:48 PM   #2
gijoewoz
Autocross Champion
 
Drives: 2005 Impreza RS
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Aurora, CO
Posts: 106
They probably disconnected an airbag sensor without disconnecting the battery first, that's likely why you have the error light. As for the steering wheel controls, I"m not sure. Take it back and make them fix it.
gijoewoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 06:34 PM   #3
jettaglis
FIA GT Champion
 
jettaglis's Avatar
 
Drives: '88 gli, '11 cc, '12 gti
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Charlotte NC
Posts: 1,085
Quote:
Originally Posted by darula78 View Post
I brought my car to get a crack jn the front left quarter panel fixed. I just got the car back and the steering wheel buttons to control the MFD aren't working and there is an "airbag error." Can someone tell me what happened and why body work could cause this.!?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Bad clockspring or it's simply disconnected, your horn should not work either. Being an R, you may even have a recall for it possibly.
__________________
Uni stage 3....gt3076
jettaglis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 10:31 AM   #4
darula78
Ready to race!
 
Drives: 2012 Golf R Candy White 4 Door
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Boston Ma
Posts: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by jettaglis View Post
Bad clockspring or it's simply disconnected, your horn should not work either. Being an R, you may even have a recall for it possibly.
yup its the clockspring, VW is says 860 to replace it, luckily I have a warranty but still...
darula78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 11:38 AM   #5
jettaglis
FIA GT Champion
 
jettaglis's Avatar
 
Drives: '88 gli, '11 cc, '12 gti
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Charlotte NC
Posts: 1,085
Quote:
Originally Posted by darula78 View Post
yup its the clockspring, VW is says 860 to replace it, luckily I have a warranty but still...
They were trying to rape you, shouldn't have been more than $600 or so with labor. Glad you have that warranty!
__________________
Uni stage 3....gt3076
jettaglis is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:53 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.