GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > GTI & Golf MKVI General Discussions

Old 02-08-2018, 12:22 AM   #29
mtbriderrusty
Drag Race Newbie

Drives: 2013 gti
I would facepalm myself too if I got rid of that beautiful sounding cobb

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mtbriderrusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 01:04 AM   #30
ksandman
Oval Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbriderrusty View Post
I would facepalm myself too if I got rid of that beautiful sounding cobb

Yeah. It droned a bit though thatís why I got rid of it. The vibrant res setup sucked. Found an oem catback. Thinking about getting another Cobb TBE but getting the downpipe with a resonator this time around.

ksandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 01:17 AM   #31
mtbriderrusty
Drag Race Newbie

Iíve been looking at awe catback for my apr catted downpipe. Have it with the stock catback and itís ok just want some growl out the back. I actually have one of these resonators and wonít be putting it in.

Old 02-08-2018, 01:20 AM   #32
ksandman
Oval Champion

Quote:
Iíve been looking at awe catback for my apr catted downpipe. Have it with the stock catback and itís ok just want some growl out the back. I actually have one of these resonators and wonít be putting it in.

Yeah get a proper catback for sure. It was a fun experiment and it sounded cool for about a week, but I wouldnít recommend it unless rowdy was the sound you were after.

Old 02-08-2018, 01:22 AM   #33
mtbriderrusty
Drag Race Newbie

That was my fear so glad I didnít cut my cat back up for that.. Iíd probably be better of doing the red delete pipe again

Old 02-08-2018, 11:09 AM   #34
ksandman
Oval Champion

Quote:
That was my fear so glad I didnít cut my cat back up for that.. Iíd probably be better of doing the red delete pipe again

Yeah for sure. I was lucky enough to find a stock catback for $30 bucks on clist so My car is quite again lol but I do want the Cobb set up again for when I get a k04

Old 04-29-2018, 01:18 AM   #35
DarienMidnight
Autocross Champion

Drives: 2012 vw gti 4dr autobahn
Quote:

Well good Lord . I thought I was the only one . !!! I HAVE an apr Downpipe with a AWE catback. Let me say that's the perfect sleeper setup .

GREEDY me wanted more DSG gunshot sounds and louder exhaust . So I decided to cut up my precious AWE catback by doing a custom resonator delete . DO NOT DO IT

...tbh there was some good . My DSG sound in parking garages with the windows down would eventually make my own self go deaf ...love it ..and WOT sounds like a freaking racing machine . Love it . BUT

HONDA DRONE. At around 3.5k rpms is the worst drone I ever heard . And then again around 80ish mph. The only way to get around the first drone spot is to literally drive like a crippled grandma ...and I do Not drive slow atall so I always cross it .

I'm getting desperate . So my two options are ...to put on a vibrant resonator to Hopefully find the perfect louder sound . Or result in putting the original Aftermarket AWE resonator back on the catback.

APR stage 2 / r8 coils / APR stage 1&2 intake / AWE CBE/ APR catted DP so basically i have and APE TBE ( FMOIG: YoungRios_ )
DarienMidnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 09:54 AM   #36
riceburner
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: 2012 GTI DSG / K04
Here's when I had a spm catted dp, vibrant 7192, and cut holes in stock muffler. Before I cut holes in the stock muffler, the vibrant made a very small difference in sound. Just a TAD deeper/louder/more day noise. I liked it

https://youtu.be/T4Yw8H_DtlE
riceburner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 10:49 AM   #37
ramman61
Drag Race Newbie

Drives: 2013 mk6 gti dsg
Quote:
Originally Posted by riceburner View Post
Here's when I had a spm catted dp, vibrant 7192, and cut holes in stock muffler. Before I cut holes in the stock muffler, the vibrant made a very small difference in sound. Just a TAD deeper/louder/more day noise. I liked it

https://youtu.be/T4Yw8H_DtlE

+1 for this setup I have an ecs catted downpipe with muffler delete and stock res, for now, sounds pretty good and if I'm just cruising I barely hear it going to swap resonators and put in the vibrant soon

2013 DSG Deep pearl Black gti

Revo Stage 2,ECS tuning DownPipe,Neuspeed P-flo, niche Milan m135 19x8.5, H&R sports for a 2015 gti(it's complicated), R8 coils
ramman61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 09:57 PM   #38
DarienMidnight
Autocross Champion

So can anyone help ? Right around 2800-3200 rpms..is a drone that actually sounds worse than the usal drone ..like a buzzing Honda drone . I have a APR DP to a AWE catback..with a custom resonator delete . Will a vibrant help ? Or bullet resonator I need help please

APR stage 2 / r8 coils / APR stage 1&2 intake / AWE CBE/ APR catted DP so basically i have and APE TBE ( FMOIG: YoungRios_ )
Old 05-02-2018, 09:51 AM   #39
ramman61
Drag Race Newbie

Drives: 2013 mk6 gti dsg
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarienMidnight View Post
So can anyone help ? Right around 2800-3200 rpms..is a drone that actually sounds worse than the usal drone ..like a buzzing Honda drone . I have a APR DP to a AWE catback..with a custom resonator delete . Will a vibrant help ? Or bullet resonator I need help please
I'm sure the vibrant would help with drone since it's supposed to make your car louder without any of the drones and raspiness

2013 DSG Deep pearl Black gti

Revo Stage 2,ECS tuning DownPipe,Neuspeed P-flo, niche Milan m135 19x8.5, H&R sports for a 2015 gti(it's complicated), R8 coils
ramman61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 06:01 PM   #40
DarienMidnight
Autocross Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramman61 View Post
I'm sure the vibrant would help with drone since it's supposed to make your car louder without any of the drones and raspiness
So bullet or ultra quiet resonator? I know there are a few . The shop quoted me 250-350. I don't wanna waste any more time smh or money