GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > GTI 2.0T Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Tunes

Old 02-07-2018, 10:54 PM   #1
Mudig
Drag Race Newbie

Drives: 2010 GTI
Having some problems with the gear(DSG)

Every now and then when I'm on drive, something happens to the gear that gets stuck and stops working. I have to switch the car off and then on to get it to work again. The "D" symbol on the dash disappears when this happens. Is this related to the transmission oil? I've never changed it.
Mudig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 07:27 AM   #2
CHerna
FIA World Rally Car Champion

Drives: 2012 DBP GTI 2 Door M/T
I'm not sure if its related to your issue, but damn. Change your oil!
CHerna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 12:13 PM   #3
KDOG
Oval Newbie

Drives: CSG GTI
It's probably not related to oil but you should change it anyway I change mine ever 3-4k
About your problem, I had the same issue when I first got my car, would put in reverse and it wouldn't go and would flash the gear on the dash.. Turn off turn back on and would go eventually but it would "jump" into the gear, CEL would go on and off occasionally and eventually stayed so I took it in and it needed a mechatronics unit.. That didn't fix it completely I later had the whole dsg replaced under extended warranty luckily and now have perfect shifts without the jerky start after hitting stop signs which was annoying.. Has it thrown any codes? Mine usually threw a code when that happened.
KDOG is offline   Reply With Quote