GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stage 1 GTI vs Audi A6 4.2 V8 (no video)

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
From a 3rd gear roll, some guy wanted to play merge wars from a 3 lane to a 2 lane.
I had already been watching him in my mirror since he was the only one to pop out into the 3rd lane at the light aggressively. Light turns green...moderate acceleration till i hear his car kickdown, i was in low 3rd gear M mode. He held my back bumper for about a second, holding 3rd got about 2 lengths, then i switched to 4th gear pulled about a car on shift ..holding out 4th got few more lengths. Shut down the race, guy seemed pretty cheesed off... I guess college university decals dont add horsepower ? :iono: . Ricer flyby as i had to turn later down the road. Zero traffic ahead, only raced cause i knew the area with no side streets around.

audi specs
350-hp/ 325 ft tq V-8 a6 automatic (generation c6) rated at 5.8 0-60 and
quarter mile of 14.6

cool story bro without a video i know. i just really thought the 4.2 would be much faster, in this case has got to be the audis massive curb weight ( 4,200 lbs) hurting its performance. That or a slushbox transmission.

First day in about 2 weeks where we've had dry, snow free streets. So pretty stoked. :cool:

pic for generation reference

Last edited:

zipsled

Ready to race!
I owned a 2004 A6 4.2. Smooth engine and great platform. It was never meant to be a rocketship, though...more like an executive muscle car. Quattro at that time didn't address it's 0-60 shortcomings.
I did love that car, though...and so did the ladies.

DarienMidnight

Ready to race!
There is an idiot debating with me about this on YouTube ... saying my stage 2 mk6 gti can't Touch his Stock 4.2 v8 s5. When in fact it isn't even That fast .

syonxwf

Go Kart Champion
There is an idiot debating with me about this on YouTube ... saying my stage 2 mk6 gti can't Touch his Stock 4.2 v8 s5. When in fact it isn't even That fast .

Stage 2 should hang with a stock S5. From a roll it might be even, from a dig a stage 2 gti should pull slightly until you get above 80-90.

I'd call that touching, IMO. I never ran an S5, but I ran a '12 335 sedan which is pretty identical from 0-60 and 1/4, from a roll. I had 4 people in the car, he had one passenger, and it was pretty much dead even with me pulling slightly at the beginning and then him holding steady after we hit 90.
So maybe driver vs driver, you might pull slightly more than I did, but I don't know that you would put more than a car or two on it before 90, depends where you start from.

If your GTI weighs 3034lbs, has 280 crank (approximate stage 2 crank figures), and he's at 3891lbs and has 354 crank, you've got the better hp to weight ratio by 0.16lbs/hp or something like that, which is essentially a toss up.

I could be wrong, all anecdotal based on what I've experienced.

syonxwf

Go Kart Champion
This is an old ass thread lol.

The power:weight concept isn't strong with that particular troll.

At least he kept it in a relevant thread? Lol.

I found that video myself, the guy on there says he has an S5 with a 4.2 and a GTI, and that anyone who believes any GTI can beat the v8 in that S5 is delusional.

I couldn't help but laugh at that, dude has no idea how much power these cars can make. Or he is a huge troll...I haven't decided yet.

SyDiko

Ready to race!
At least he kept it in a relevant thread? Lol.

Very true!

I found that video myself, the guy on there says he has an S5 with a 4.2 and a GTI, and that anyone who believes any GTI can beat the v8 in that S5 is delusional.

I couldn't help but laugh at that, dude has no idea how much power these cars can make. Or he is a huge troll...I haven't decided yet.

Dude, you can't even argue with people like that. Their basic thought process: bigger engine means automatic win. I knew a girl that had an 05' 300C (5.7 Hemi) and swore up and down she'd smoke my GTI. I walked her all the way to 80 from a dig. When the race was over, she was pissed. However, I then pointed out that her car was about 1,000 lbs heavier, automatic, and on really bad rubber.

Last edited:

avni

Ready to race!
Stage 2+ APR is quicker then 335i up to 90-100

No video but I DID THAT

Roll race with a brand new 540i and won that as well.

the 540i kept up more then the 335i.