GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MIB2

adamnapes

Passed Driver's Ed
Just wanted to know if anybody on the forum has had any success in installing the discovery nav MIB2 in your mk6 and what all was involved. I've followed along with the RCD330 thread but havent read much or anything really on this. Going to attack my sound system soon and am looking for options. Definitely want to keep it OEM+ so this looks like an appealing option.

gokturks

Banned
Just wanted to know if anybody on the forum has had any success in installing the discovery nav MIB2 in your mk6 and what all was involved. I've followed along with the RCD330 thread but havent read much or anything really on this. Going to attack my sound system soon and am looking for options. Definitely want to keep it OEM+ so this looks like an appealing option.

You need adapter for install mibII 2010-2015 vw cars

http://www.factory-retrofits.co.uk/...-rns315-adapter-harness-wiring-lead-retrofit/

But rcd330 plus are oem to you can give order 187B Noname or 187C with android auto ( 187E or 187B have android auto to )

Last edited:

clownish

just clowning around
MIB II is more work, but has a better screen and interface than the RCD300g - the MIBs are NA standard and look far superior IMO, even if install is easier on the RCD. The issue is that coding and installing the MIB is not a minor ordeal.

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie

AIDUAUTO

Banned

i have one . if you need .. please call me

BlackedOutZ28

I'd assume that the $1,600+ price is turning most people off for an OEM+ upgrade. Would be interesting once that price goes down.

spacewalker

this is all
but cable is not a big deal, you can buy a spare plug and swap single wire.
bigger problem is to get unlocked and patched radio
also if your cluster supporting CP you need to use filter - another 100-150$