GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > Wheels / Tires / Suspension / Brakes / Chassis | Sponsored by The Tire Rack

The Tire Rack
Welcome to the Wheels and Tires section of GolfMK6. This area is proudly sponsored by The Tire Rack.

If you are making a purchase from TireRack, please help support GolfMK6 by clicking through to them with this link or clicking on the Tire Rack banner ad. Doing so helps give back to GOLFMK6 so we can keep this place running!

Old 02-16-2018, 11:34 AM   #1
Stock-GTI
Autocross Champion

Drives: 2013 MK6 GTI
SuperPro ALK which one?

SuperPro makes two versions of their Anti-Lift kit. A street version and a track version. Does anyone on here use the track version on the street? I'm assuming that the track version is simply a harder durometer version.

Street:

https://superpro.com.au/find/superpr...999500632/vid-

Track:

https://superpro.com.au/find/superpr...999500632/vid-

I need to order one of these sometime this weekend, getting new tires next week and I want the bushings to arrive before then. They cost the same. Thoughts?
Old 02-16-2018, 11:39 AM   #2
jay745
Mod Flanders

Drives: 2013 CW GTI Wolfsburg (racecar)
I think the caster is increased on the track version along with the durometor of the poly bushing used. Honestly I'd look into powerflex instead of super pro. They achieve the added caster by changing the geometry of the mount itself vs offsetting the bushing inside. I don't like the design of super pro because one side of the bushing has a lot of poly material while the other side does not. Powerflex the bushing is centered, they offer a street and track density as well. Not to mention they are much cheaper. Been using these on my car for years and love them.

street version
https://www.ecstuning.com/b-powerfle...85-502gx2~pfx/

track version
https://www.ecstuning.com/b-powerfle...85-502gblk~pb/
jay745 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 11:43 AM   #3
GoodTimesIndeed
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: 2011 GTI 2Dr DSG
+1 for the Powerflex kit. Been using it for a while too and like it.
APR K04 / meth injection / custom intake / Eurojet turboback / Neuspeed FMIC / FMIC sprayer / FSB-RSB / Endlinks / 034 Mounts / HPA 75A / AWE TOP / BSH TBP / ECS Catch Can / Solo Werks / Centric rotors / StopTech pads / Tyrolsport / Powerflex Bushings & A.L.K. / Stern Brace / Eurosport Strut Brace & Rear XB / TCR-II System / Misc Interior & Exterior Mods / Build Thread / My flickr
GoodTimesIndeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 04:50 PM   #4
Stock-GTI
Autocross Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay745 View Post
I think the caster is increased on the track version along with the durometor of the poly bushing used. Honestly I'd look into powerflex instead of super pro. They achieve the added caster by changing the geometry of the mount itself vs offsetting the bushing inside. I don't like the design of super pro because one side of the bushing has a lot of poly material while the other side does not. Powerflex the bushing is centered, they offer a street and track density as well. Not to mention they are much cheaper. Been using these on my car for years and love them.

street version
https://www.ecstuning.com/b-powerfle...85-502gx2~pfx/

track version
https://www.ecstuning.com/b-powerfle...85-502gblk~pb/

Thanks for the suggestion. After looking at them I'll be going with the powerflex ones. I'm also getting the front bushings. My car is my daily, but I don't really care about nvh, just want traction at this point. Any experience with the track version?
Old 02-16-2018, 04:51 PM   #5
Stock-GTI
Autocross Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodTimesIndeed View Post
+1 for the Powerflex kit. Been using it for a while too and like it.
Which version did you use street or track?
Old 02-16-2018, 05:03 PM   #6
jay745
Mod Flanders

Drives: 2013 CW GTI Wolfsburg (racecar)
I didn't think these specific mounts added any nvh what so ever, just made the turn in much more confidence inspiring and the steering input 100% better. I have the street series on now but am getting the track density soon to match all the other bushings I have.
jay745 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 01:28 PM   #7
Stock-GTI
Autocross Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay745 View Post
I didn't think these specific mounts added any nvh what so ever, just made the turn in much more confidence inspiring and the steering input 100% better. I have the street series on now but am getting the track density soon to match all the other bushings I have.
Did you have much difficulty with the install? Some people say it's easy, others not so much. I have access to a lift and all necessary tools. Did you have to drop your subframe?
Old 02-17-2018, 06:40 PM   #8
thatspsychotic
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: '11 GTI 4DR DSG, '14 Forester XT
Small detail here, not sure if you autocross in SCCA, but there's a big difference in classification between offset bushings like SuperPros and ALKs like whiteline and powerflex that relocate the bushing position to use a centered bushing. Offset bushings are legal in Street Touring, but re-positioned LCA mounts push you into street modified or higher.

Between the street and track SuperPro options, it looks like the only difference is 80A vs 90A durometer rating for the poly. They have the same offset.

Future: APR Downpipe | BFI Mounts | PTP Turbo Blanket | ST Coilovers
thatspsychotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 10:37 PM   #9
Stock-GTI
Autocross Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatspsychotic View Post
Small detail here, not sure if you autocross in SCCA, but there's a big difference in classification between offset bushings like SuperPros and ALKs like whiteline and powerflex that relocate the bushing position to use a centered bushing. Offset bushings are legal in Street Touring, but re-positioned LCA mounts push you into street modified or higher.

Between the street and track SuperPro options, it looks like the only difference is 80A vs 90A durometer rating for the poly. They have the same offset.
Interesting, I haven't autocrossed this car, but I might in the future. Thanks for the info. I plan on going to the drag strip and occasionally a road course.
Old 02-18-2018, 12:06 AM   #10
Blakcard
FIA GT Champion

Drives: 2011 Candy White 2dr 6spd GTi
https://youtu.be/T6TGnnAFTnU

Old 02-18-2018, 12:35 AM   #11
Stock-GTI
Autocross Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blakcard View Post
I hope it's that easy lol. I'm changing the front bushings along with the rears. Shouldn't be to difficult, but I'll show the video to my mechanic friend.
Old 02-18-2018, 12:37 AM   #12
Blakcard
FIA GT Champion

Drives: 2011 Candy White 2dr 6spd GTi
if he does it that way on the fronts can you get a video?