GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > Wheels / Tires / Suspension / Brakes / Chassis | Sponsored by The Tire Rack

The Tire Rack
Welcome to the Wheels and Tires section of GolfMK6. This area is proudly sponsored by The Tire Rack.

If you are making a purchase from TireRack, please help support GolfMK6 by clicking through to them with this link or clicking on the Tire Rack banner ad. Doing so helps give back to GOLFMK6 so we can keep this place running!

Old 01-14-2018, 01:26 PM   #85
1ashchuckton
FIA World Rally Car Champion

Drives: 2013 GTI CSG-DSG
I ran Stop Tech slotted cryo treated rotors on my MINI Cooper S. They wore very well, after many track days & back road miles they still looked great. I know these are not cheap, but I'd say they lasted twice as long & performed much better that the oem rotors. When my GTI needs rotors I'll buy these again.

https://www.tirerack.com/brakes/brak...ModClar=2-Door
1ashchuckton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 10:39 PM   #86
DarienMidnight
Autocross Champion

Drives: 2012 vw gti 4dr autobahn
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ashchuckton View Post
I ran Stop Tech slotted cryo treated rotors on my MINI Cooper S. They wore very well, after many track days & back road miles they still looked great. I know these are not cheap, but I'd say they lasted twice as long & performed much better that the oem rotors. When my GTI needs rotors I'll buy these again.

THANKS SO MUCH MAN . it's like the car's brake's feel like a locomotive train now smh. Have to get them done asap

APR stage 2 / r8 coils / APR stage 1&2 intake / AWE CBE/ APR catted DP so basically i have and APE TBE ( FMOIG: YoungRios_ )
DarienMidnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 11:45 PM   #87
DarienMidnight
Autocross Champion

Drives: 2012 vw gti 4dr autobahn
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ashchuckton View Post

Do you know the name and brand of our OEM rotors and pads ? And your stop tech cyro is the closet to OEM but maybe a level up ? That's what I want ..

APR stage 2 / r8 coils / APR stage 1&2 intake / AWE CBE/ APR catted DP so basically i have and APE TBE ( FMOIG: YoungRios_ )
DarienMidnight is offline   Reply With Quote