GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > GTI 2.0T Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Tunes

Old 08-30-2017, 01:56 PM   #505
itsintrinzik
Ready to race!

Drives: 2012 GTI DSG Candy White
Hey everyone, I bought an exhaust system from a forum member here, its a Unitronic catted downpipe with Magnaflow catback exhaust. I am looking forward to having it installed this Friday. Does anyone have any experience with this set up? Just curious to know anyone's subjective opinion on tone, drone on highways/around the city. I have watched many exhaust videos and read as much as I can. The one Unitronic DP + MF catback exhaust video on YouTube seems to show a pretty mean deep tone.
itsintrinzik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 03:15 PM   #506
Renck
Rally Car Newbie

Drives: 2013 GTI Autobahn + 2017 GTI SE
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsintrinzik View Post
Hey everyone, I bought an exhaust system from a forum member here, its a Unitronic catted downpipe with Magnaflow catback exhaust. I am looking forward to having it installed this Friday. Does anyone have any experience with this set up? Just curious to know anyone's subjective opinion on tone, drone on highways/around the city. I have watched many exhaust videos and read as much as I can. The one Unitronic DP + MF catback exhaust video on YouTube seems to show a pretty mean deep tone.
Congrats!

I'm going to mate a similar downpipe, but with an Eurojet catback. I'm still waiting to receive the needed parts to be able to connect the two pieces.

Please share a video when you are done with your installation. I'll try to do the same as soon I'm done with mine.
Renck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 05:59 PM   #507
Laimface
FIA World Rally Car Champion

Drives: '09 Candy White GTi 6MT
Here's some exhaust sound of my setup (with some engine bay turbo):

3" Scorpion DP
Stock cat back with Vibrant bottle resonator

Old 02-24-2018, 11:01 AM   #508
B6JoeS4
Autocross Champion

Drives: 12 CSG DSG 4D GTI
Here is my non-resonated COBB turboback

https://youtu.be/dv8_yh3S4hg
B6JoeS4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 01:08 PM   #509
Teachmehowto20
Ready to race!

Drives: 2014 GTI (Driver's Edition)
Hey yall, new to the GTI community as well.
I am not seeing many people run a Remus setup. From their videos the sound is so nice. I even searched for one in FS and only found one ever FS used (hopefully because people love them so much). I would love a sound similar to that, does anyone know which catbacks are on the quieter, deep tone side?
Teachmehowto20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 01:09 PM   #510
SJC
Autocross Champion

Drives: 2011 GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsintrinzik View Post
I have the catted Unitronic DP , Unitronic CAI and Unitronic stage 2 tune.
Ordered a Magnaflow cat back exhaust yesterday.
SJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 08:42 AM   #511
mattyice703
Passed Driver's Ed

Drives: 2012 GTI
So I am considering starting a little project here, and wondering if anyone has gone down this road. I am about to buy a vacuum actuated exhaust cutout after the DP, and normally it just dumps straight down. That's cool and all, but I want to make life difficult so I'm going to fabricate a side exit exhaust in front of one of the rear wheels. I haven't got up under the car since I thought this up to look at the feasibility of it, but the plan is to make a flat rectangular exhaust with the same volume of the 2.5" round exhaust to promote flow while not impeding ground clearance as much as possible. Anyone gone down this road or know someone who has?
mattyice703 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
downpipe, exhaust, mk6 gti, sound, turboback