GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com



Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Regional Forums > UNITED KINGDOM

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-05-2018, 06:09 PM   #15
Carlosfandango
FIA GT Champion
 
Carlosfandango's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 MK6 GTI 6MT CSG
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: UK
Posts: 970
Obviously it would be wise to swap the plug around to check if the misfire moves with it,


Possible causes of P0302

Faulty spark plug #2
Clogged or faulty fuel injector #2
Faulty ignition coil #2
Fuel injector #2 harness is open or shorted
Fuel injector #2 circuit poor electrical connection
Ignition coil #2 harness is open or shorted
Ignition coil #2 circuit poor electrical connection
Insufficient cylinder #2 compression
Incorrect fuel pressure
Intake air leak


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Carlosfandango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 11:05 AM   #16
VW6
Go Kart Champion
 
Drives: MK6 1.4 TSI
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: U.K.
Posts: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlosfandango View Post
Obviously it would be wise to swap the plug around to check if the misfire moves with it,


Possible causes of P0302

Faulty spark plug #2
Clogged or faulty fuel injector #2
Faulty ignition coil #2
Fuel injector #2 harness is open or shorted
Fuel injector #2 circuit poor electrical connection
Ignition coil #2 harness is open or shorted
Ignition coil #2 circuit poor electrical connection
Insufficient cylinder #2 compression
Incorrect fuel pressure
Intake air leak


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I no i should have done the fuel filter already!! haha i will get on to it.

Thanks for your help!

Can you tell me about this noise from my exhaust
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXxL_tBblJc


Also what is this hole underneath my car?
https://imgur.com/a/T38aD

Last edited by VW6; 03-06-2018 at 11:28 AM.
VW6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 03:12 PM   #17
Carlosfandango
FIA GT Champion
 
Carlosfandango's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 MK6 GTI 6MT CSG
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: UK
Posts: 970
Quote:
Originally Posted by VW6 View Post
I no i should have done the fuel filter already!! haha i will get on to it.

Thanks for your help!

Can you tell me about this noise from my exhaust
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXxL_tBblJc


Also what is this hole underneath my car?
https://imgur.com/a/T38aD


Thatís part of the rear subframe I think? (A little hard to tell) , the hole is normal itís in all of them, a drain I believe!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Carlosfandango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 03:20 PM   #18
Carlosfandango
FIA GT Champion
 
Carlosfandango's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 MK6 GTI 6MT CSG
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: UK
Posts: 970
1.4 TSI - Engine/Start up problems.

The noise sounds like exhaust baffles, tap the silencers with a closed fist or a rubber mallet to see if you can make the noise, I had that noise on my MK1 fiesta XR2 many years ago, not a good idea as it will restrict flow but all I did was just hit the silencer with a mallet until I trapped/jammed them (I was 17 and didnít care), but as said not a smart move so if you find it is the baffles youíll have to replace the exhaust or live with it!

Could also be the cat or something else such as a blowing exhaust but hard to tell from the other end of an internet connection!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by Carlosfandango; 03-06-2018 at 03:25 PM.
Carlosfandango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 11:18 AM   #19
VW6
Go Kart Champion
 
Drives: MK6 1.4 TSI
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: U.K.
Posts: 39
Not solved.

Exhaust is smoking/ making noises
Car will misfire on idle once its warmed up
VW6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 01:51 PM   #20
Carlosfandango
FIA GT Champion
 
Carlosfandango's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 MK6 GTI 6MT CSG
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: UK
Posts: 970
Whatís not solved? Exhaust or the filter?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Carlosfandango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 01:53 PM   #21
Carlosfandango
FIA GT Champion
 
Carlosfandango's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 MK6 GTI 6MT CSG
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: UK
Posts: 970
1.4 TSI - Engine/Start up problems.

Have you swapped the plug and coil packs around to see if the problem moves to a different cylinder?

EDIT: just remembered you already swapped the coils!



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by Carlosfandango; 03-11-2018 at 02:04 PM.
Carlosfandango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 05:49 AM   #22
VW6
Go Kart Champion
 
Drives: MK6 1.4 TSI
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: U.K.
Posts: 39
Both

Got to be fuel injectors?

Rough idle/starting ONLY - never when driving, has no loss of power

MPG has dropped

Sometimes when trying to start EPC and CEL lights up, has no throttle response at all.. you can't rev it.

Exhaust smoking and it smells of fuel

Exhaust rattle/noise

I no i should have took it to a garage by now but ive been busy.
VW6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 05:52 AM   #23
Carlosfandango
FIA GT Champion
 
Carlosfandango's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 MK6 GTI 6MT CSG
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: UK
Posts: 970
Quote:
Originally Posted by VW6 View Post
Both



Got to be fuel injectors?



Rough idle/starting ONLY - never when driving, has no loss of power



MPG has dropped



Sometimes when trying to start EPC and CEL lights up, has no throttle response at all.. you can't rev it.



Exhaust smoking and it smells of fuel



Exhaust rattle/noise



I no i should have took it to a garage by now but i just been busy.


Yeah that does sound like an injector issue or possibly the wiring to the injector! As said though itís hard to diagnose from the end of an internet connection!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Carlosfandango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 05:55 AM   #24
VW6
Go Kart Champion
 
Drives: MK6 1.4 TSI
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: U.K.
Posts: 39
How much am i looking at if it was the fuel injectors? ££
VW6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 06:01 AM   #25
Carlosfandango
FIA GT Champion
 
Carlosfandango's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 MK6 GTI 6MT CSG
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: UK
Posts: 970
I donít know the cost as never needed to have it done but the intake will need to come off to get to them so probably around two hours to change them plus the parts cost, did you change the filter already??


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Carlosfandango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 01:17 PM   #26
VW6
Go Kart Champion
 
Drives: MK6 1.4 TSI
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: U.K.
Posts: 39
https://imgur.com/a/DQSd5 - Old filter 6.4BAR, the one i put on was 6.6BAR will that be ok?


Yes only today though should i let it run a little? Not tried a cold start yet.
VW6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 04:01 PM   #27
Carlosfandango
FIA GT Champion
 
Carlosfandango's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 MK6 GTI 6MT CSG
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: UK
Posts: 970
Quote:
Originally Posted by VW6 View Post
https://imgur.com/a/DQSd5 - Old filter 6.4BAR, the one i put on was 6.6BAR will that be ok?


Yes only today though should i let it run a little? Not tried a cold start yet.


If your original was 6.6 and you then put in a 6.4 it would not be ok but Iím not sure the other way around? I think itís ok but Iíll need to check, what is the car behaving like with the new filter fitted? Have you cleared the fault codes? Do they come back?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Carlosfandango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 04:17 PM   #28
Carlosfandango
FIA GT Champion
 
Carlosfandango's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 MK6 GTI 6MT CSG
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: UK
Posts: 970
Using the 6.6 bar as apposed to the 6.4 bar appears to be fine (at least on the GTi anyway) so you should be ok.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Carlosfandango is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:46 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.