GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

GertieGTI

Ready to race!
Payed off the car and subsequently celebrated by buying a set of Neuspeed RSe10's and fresh Pilot Super Sport tires.

I'm a happy camper.

SJC

Ready to race!
Ordered a 3” Magnaflow cat back.
Mating it up to my Unitronic dp for the full exhaust stage 2 experience.

ahard48

Ready to race!
Hey FYI just saw a link on BurnAllTheMk6s Facebook page with HS Tuning selling the HPA 75/80 pucks on clearance (close to 40% off original price of $185). Wasn't sure if I'm allowed to copy and paste the link here.

Last edited:

Vroomtt

Passed Driver's Ed
Picked up a big piece of furniture last night in the gti. Was awesome to drop the rear seats and load up a huge item. It actually stuck out of the back and i used a bungee cord through the hatch lock to keep the hatch down against the item. Worked like a charm and was a solid reminder that having a hatchback is the truth!

Bonus - Driving with the hatch open allowed me to really hear what my exhaust sound like on the road. I'm running at APR stg 2 with a HFC to oem cat-back... it sounds awesome :)

davemanh2o

Passed Driver's Ed
busy past four weeks...
bad water pump wrecked my clutch since it was leaking into the housing
- water pump replaced under the current service recall
- new fx 350 installed by cbtuning
intake manifold failed for the second time - replaced with newest revision by cbtuning
leaking radiator/seem separation at bottom - replaced by cbtuning

cybonic

Passed Driver's Ed
atp gtx2971r install with some custom work done. dv relocation & new turbo discharge pipes to intercooler. still running the k04 98oct+wmi map

Jcarollo765

Ready to race!
atp gtx2971r install with some custom work done. dv relocation & new turbo discharge pipes to intercooler. still running the k04 98oct+wmi map

Damn with a tune, what numbers do you think you will be putting down?

Super nice!

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
I ordered side skirts today...Almost 11 years of owning a GTI and side skirts is something I've never done before.

Jcarollo765

Ready to race!
I ordered side skirts today...Almost 11 years of owning a GTI and side skirts is something I've never done before.

I thought they came stock on all GTIs. When I got hit by a chick they asked me if it was after market parts. Had to show my original receipt to have it covered.

Def makes the car look nice bc race car ?

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
I thought they came stock on all GTIs. When I got hit by a chick they asked me if it was after market parts. Had to show my original receipt to have it covered.

Def makes the car look nice bc race car ��

Yea, the oem gti side skirt is pretty lame, can't even call it a side skirt. It's more like a rocker guard than a side skirt. A real side skirt makes the car look like it's another trim level. No more base lookin shit.

EJBGTIVI

Autocross Champion

Which ones did you get? LOL, I've been driving GTI's for almost 30 years and I've never done side skirts :)

Last edited:

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Which ones did you get? LOL, I've been driving GTI's for almost 30 years and I've never done side skirts :)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Painte...ash=item464cef3188:g:nSoAAOSw~oFXG-n8&vxp=mtr

Not actually sure they're OEM, but they seem legit. I couldn't find any info on that part number, but the packaging and the description has me convinced.

I didn't want to deal with poor fitment from reps, and oem is way too expensive, so if these actually end up being oem it's a good deal.

EJBGTIVI

Autocross Champion
https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Painte...ash=item464cef3188:g:nSoAAOSw~oFXG-n8&vxp=mtr

Not actually sure they're OEM, but they seem legit. I couldn't find any info on that part number, but the packaging and the description has me convinced.

I didn't want to deal with poor fitment from reps, and oem is way too expensive, so if these actually end up being oem it's a good deal.

Interesting, let us know how they work out. I see he has some pre painted deep black pearl. If they're really OEM I might be interested in those myself.