GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > GTI 2.0T Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Tunes

Old 04-12-2013, 10:54 AM   #15
HSTuning
FIA World Rally Car Newbie

Drives: 500WHP 2010 GTI
Bruh Man,

If you can't find that washer, let me know. We stock them for the APR kits, just give me your address and I'll shoot one out to you no charge.
HSTuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 11:04 AM   #16
U-20T
Formula 3000 Champion

Drives: BT GTI4Motion
Quote:
Originally Posted by HSTuning View Post
Bruh Man,

If you can't find that washer, let me know. We stock them for the APR kits, just give me your address and I'll shoot one out to you no charge.
or this, or if you local parts store has 14mm or 9/16 crush washers if you didn't want to wait shipping time, but nice of HST for the offer regardless
U-20T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 11:26 AM   #17
Alejo
Oval Champion

Drives: MkVI GTI
Had the same issue.. took about 2 hours of trying and finally decided to tow my car to Volkswurks in Gainesville. Jeff did it in 30 minutes while tuning the car. That damn coolant line is a PITA.
2013 CW 2DR DSG GTI- K04 MEMBER #95
APR tuned K04 CTS kit | Carbonio Stage 1 Intake | USP Catless DP | e-Bay Catback with high-flow cat | ST Coilovers | R8 Coilpacks | Color-matched side markers | White grille stripes
Alejo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 07:02 AM   #18
Bruh Man
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: Muark 6
Thanks again guys.

HS Tuning-always looking out! Need to stop by the dealer for some things so I'll check with them first.
Bruh Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 07:29 AM   #19
Bruh Man
Formula 5000 Driver

Just wanted to update this, car is running great. Got my ECU back from Tyrolsport(amazing service) and the thicker washer solved everything.

This CTS kit is priced very competitively, but does not include a few key components for install(Oetiker clamp and coolant line washer). Not a big deal, but a pain in the ass to find out during install. Also pretty disappointing considering Clay confirmed I received the right washers before I started.

Last edited by Bruh Man; 04-23-2013 at 07:39 AM.
Old 04-23-2013, 08:01 AM   #20
grambles423
Limited Activity

Drives: 2008.5 BMP GTI
The amount of down time not mentioned originally could REALLY be a key play in the install game. I hope people can source what they need prior to installing.
Centric Blank Rotors-Stoptech SP Pads

grambles423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 08:13 AM   #21
dubbinit2
Formula 3000 Driver

Drives: 2014 Buick Regal GS...Trifecta tune
The coolant line to my AWE kit was also a pain in the ass. I just switched it up top. But not after 2 days of frustration. Z you should make a sticky for this coolant line trouble.
Old 04-23-2013, 12:45 PM   #22
Bruh Man
Formula 5000 Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubbinit2 View Post
The coolant line to my AWE kit was also a pain in the ass. I just switched it up top. But not after 2 days of frustration. Z you should make a sticky for this coolant line trouble.
haha yeah, spent many hours in awe at why the bolt wouldn't thread. took less than a minute with the thicker washer.
Old 07-18-2013, 12:27 PM   #23
lilfleck

Drives: '11 GTI Autobahn, DSG
I heard that AWE uses non OEM lines. If someone buys a K04 from a Golf R, is there a need to even mess w/ the oil/coolant lines?
lilfleck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 12:02 AM   #24
BudgetPhoenix
FIA World Rally Car Champion

Drives: 09 GLI
I hate to bump an old topic but couldnt find any info, but CTS k04s are on sale once and again and they now have an updated kit similar to the IE that use a DV adapter plate instead of relocation. Do you still need a thick coolant washer?
BudgetPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 10:11 AM   #25
OhioMK6
Oval Champion

Drives: 2012 CSG GTI - 2DR Manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by BudgetPhoenix View Post
I hate to bump an old topic but couldnt find any info, but CTS k04s are on sale once and again and they now have an updated kit similar to the IE that use a DV adapter plate instead of relocation. Do you still need a thick coolant washer?
You should need the thicker washer regardless of the K04 "brand." They're all Borg Warner K04's besides HPA.

If the CTS kit doesn't come with the washer (which I thought it does), here's a link: https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-...each/n0138144/
Borg Warner K04 | Stratified Protune | SouthBend Stage 2 Daily Clutch | ECS Tuning Intake - SPM Downpipe - Corsa RSC Catback - GFB DV+ - Audi R8 Coils + NGK IX Plugs - Koni Coilovers - 3SDM 0.06 Wheels - Hankook Evo V12 - HAWK HPS 5.0 Pads - ECS Tuning SS Brake Lines - Ziza Golf R Tails - ECS Tuning Street Shield - Eonon GA5153f Android Headunit
OhioMK6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 07:30 PM   #26
BudgetPhoenix
FIA World Rally Car Champion

Drives: 09 GLI
It does look like it includes a washer in the picture of the new kit, but not sure if it's the "thick" one needed to install without issues like in the op of this topic. Ill pick it up anyway if I get the kit to prevent issues.
BudgetPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 01:28 PM   #27
wmssbr10
Go Kart Newbie

Drives: 2010 GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by BudgetPhoenix View Post
It does look like it includes a washer in the picture of the new kit, but not sure if it's the "thick" one needed to install without issues like in the op of this topic. Ill pick it up anyway if I get the kit to prevent issues.
I got the CTS K04 kit in October 2017 and the washers included with kit were correct. The included Oetiker clamp however was NOT the correct size(to small). Had to use a worm gear clamp. No issues.
wmssbr10 is offline   Reply With Quote