GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com



Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > In Car Entertainment, Electronics, Navigation, Phone (Audio / Video / Electronics / Etc..)


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-06-2018, 11:40 AM   #1359
dadjoke
Passed Driver's Ed
 
Drives: '14 Tiguan R-Line
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by zsm722 View Post
This update worked for me as well! I have the same unit described by Simba92.



It looks like the wetransfer link is dead now, but I have uploaded it myself, hopefully it stays up. Follow the instructions above.



http://www.mediafire.com/file/zrc3d1..._VW_PQ_GP1.tar
Just wanted to bump this link because I was able to use it to update the firmware on my no-name unit. I also ran into the “Variant Conflict Error”, so I used the 5515 update from the link below and then downgraded to 5314.

https://youtu.be/ge_5Rpp1kg8

I also thought that it'd be helpful to list out the pros and cons since updating my firmware. The cons aren't dealbreakers IMHO.

Pros:
  • Swapped out Baidu CarLife for Android Auto
  • Red accents instead of yellow accents
  • The post-Siri/phone call volume jump seems to be addressed, but I also adjusted the max volume and voice command (I think that's what it's called) levels under Settings > Sound

Cons:
  • No more EQ options to choose from
  • Inconsistent accent color in the Settings menu — some are yellow/orange and some are green
dadjoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 12:47 AM   #1360
Atsiki
Go Kart Champion
 
Drives: Golf
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Bahama
Posts: 41
Look here for firmware update

http://rcd330plus.com/showthread.php?tid=6

For 187A desay theme and video play
Look here :

https://youtu.be/opS__OmWQGc

Atsiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 03:34 PM   #1361
eurosport
Newbie
 
Drives: '14 Golf
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by HetfieldInc View Post
Damn. It looks like the one I ordered “desay” manufacturer doesn’t have any firmware upgrades so I can’t add android auto, which isn’t a big deal since I use iPhone.

The only thing that I would have done is upgrade to the red theme so that all the screens better match the interior. I saw the red theme on rcd330plus.com

Anyone know why there isn’t any firmware for the desay model?
I have the same unit. I believe the reason there are no firmware updates to the Desay model is because it runs on WindowsCE, whereas the other no-name models run Linux.

My Desay unit definitely has its issues. Periodic reboots in cold weather. "Baidu Car Life" option when phone is plugged in (useless). Bluetooth recognizes the phone quickly, but playing music can take a while. My CarPlay disconnects from the phone periodically (I still need to try a different cable).
eurosport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 07:03 PM   #1362
Atsiki
Go Kart Champion
 
Drives: Golf
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Bahama
Posts: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by eurosport View Post
I have the same unit. I believe the reason there are no firmware updates to the Desay model is because it runs on WindowsCE, whereas the other no-name models run Linux.

My Desay unit definitely has its issues. Periodic reboots in cold weather. "Baidu Car Life" option when phone is plugged in (useless). Bluetooth recognizes the phone quickly, but playing music can take a while. My CarPlay disconnects from the phone periodically (I still need to try a different cable).
This is problem of desay 187A cold time restarting self 5-6 times and after work well
Atsiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 11:37 PM   #1363
HetfieldInc
Rally Car Newbie
 
Drives: Black 2013 Drivers Edition
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Palm Beach Gardens, FL
Posts: 275
Does the Desay version 187b have any issues?
__________________
APR Stage 2 v2.4 // APR tcu tune // APR Cast downpipe // Neuspeed non resonated SS catback // APR Carbonio Intake // R8 Coilpacks // Spulen dogbone insert // Smoked side markers // OEM Cherry Red Euro Tail Lights
HetfieldInc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 04:20 PM   #1364
The Red Warrior
Ready to race!
 
Drives: Mk5 GTI
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by HetfieldInc View Post
Does the Desay version 187b have any issues?
The only'isue' I have with mine is that the audio mutes itself sometimes if the radio has been off for only a few minutes. For instance when you gas up. You come back to the car, turn it on but there is no sound. You have to switch to another source (at which point the audio comes back) and then switch back to the source you were listening to if that's what you want.
I've never heard of anyone else with this issue though.
The Red Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 06:57 AM   #1365
spicypiel
Autocross Champion
 
Drives: Golf Mk5 GT TDI 170ps
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: UK
Posts: 114
Guess there's no news on any fixes coming for the noname firmare then?

No surprise, sort of expected this but doesn't detract from the slightly annoying experience when using the unit.
spicypiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 03:46 PM   #1366
MJGTI
Passed Driver's Ed
 
Drives: 2012 4DR CSG GTI
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: CT
Posts: 12
New RCD330 Plus Headunit with Mirrorlink/Carplay

I read about the first 500 posts and was ready to pull the trigger but I guess a lot a changed in a few months, so apparently I have some catching up to do on models, sellers, and firmware.

Edit. It looks like this is the one from AliExpress, right?
https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32815705967.html

Aside from, who can give me the cliff notes, my question is, so any of these keep satellite functionality or will I need to use the Sirius app through carplay?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by MJGTI; 03-11-2018 at 04:34 PM.
MJGTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 04:52 PM   #1367
Mr_Dog
Autocross Champion
 
Drives: 2012 GLI
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Toronto
Posts: 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by dadjoke View Post
Just wanted to bump this link because I was able to use it to update the firmware on my no-name unit. I also ran into the “Variant Conflict Error”, so I used the 5515 update from the link below and then downgraded to 5314.

https://youtu.be/ge_5Rpp1kg8

I also thought that it'd be helpful to list out the pros and cons since updating my firmware. The cons aren't dealbreakers IMHO.

Pros:
  • Swapped out Baidu CarLife for Android Auto
  • Red accents instead of yellow accents
  • The post-Siri/phone call volume jump seems to be addressed, but I also adjusted the max volume and voice command (I think that's what it's called) levels under Settings > Sound

Cons:
  • No more EQ options to choose from
  • Inconsistent accent color in the Settings menu — some are yellow/orange and some are green
The inconsistent accent colour is deliberate :P

I sat in a 2016 Jetta with the OE NA unit. And it has the colours too. I.e Green is for phone, orange for settings etc
Mr_Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 07:34 PM   #1368
chelseafan95
Passed Driver's Ed
 
Drives: Mk6
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Norway
Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbybasic View Post
Sounds like it is currently functioning as a mute button? Mine was set-up like that and I had to use VCDS to switch it over to Siri.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


What coding did you have to do I VCDS? Mine is also currently functioning as a mute button, but I would much more prefer it to activate Siri.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
chelseafan95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 09:20 AM   #1369
Atsiki
Go Kart Champion
 
Drives: Golf
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Bahama
Posts: 41
this firmware Carplay-Carlife-Mirrorlink with red menu :
http://rcd330plus.com/update/std_531...arlife_Red.tar

And

This firmware Android Auto - Carlife -Carplay with Red - ( no Mirrorlink )
http://rcd330plus.com/update/std_531...arlife_Red.tar


Warning.. no body try it yet .. i am not responsable if you guys want try.
Atsiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 02:24 PM   #1370
1616sixx
Ready to race!
 
Drives: 2009 Mk6 2.0 GT TDI
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Norfolk, UK
Posts: 16
Hi all

I’m having issues with my camera... 187B Desay model.

Camera has worked perfectly since fitting until the last couple of weeks and I can’t work out if it’s the head unit, camera or delay timer at fault.

My camera image now looks like this:

https://youtu.be/Jcf7aBKr4lI

Black and white image and flashes STOP, it’s also flipped the image so left & right are wrong.

The track lines have also changed completely.

Sometimes the camera will also switch off and say camera not currently available.

Hoping it’s just the camera at fault but wondered if anyone has seen this before?!
1616sixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 06:32 PM   #1371
HetfieldInc
Rally Car Newbie
 
Drives: Black 2013 Drivers Edition
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Palm Beach Gardens, FL
Posts: 275
Got my rcd in today and went to install it annnnd.... they shipped me a damaged one. There’s a huge gouge and scratches all above the radio button. I’m trying to do a return though eBay but so far haven’t heard from the seller. Kind of put a damper on this whole project. I’ve heard these shippers in China can be a pain in the ass and try to make me pay for return shipping which is almost more than the unit itself.

Any suggestions? I’ve only bought a couple of things on eBay before and never had anything damaged
__________________
APR Stage 2 v2.4 // APR tcu tune // APR Cast downpipe // Neuspeed non resonated SS catback // APR Carbonio Intake // R8 Coilpacks // Spulen dogbone insert // Smoked side markers // OEM Cherry Red Euro Tail Lights
HetfieldInc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 08:33 PM   #1372
kerp
Rally Car Newbie
 
kerp's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 GTI CW
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 282
Quote:
Originally Posted by HetfieldInc View Post
Got my rcd in today and went to install it annnnd.... they shipped me a damaged one. There’s a huge gouge and scratches all above the radio button. I’m trying to do a return though eBay but so far haven’t heard from the seller. Kind of put a damper on this whole project. I’ve heard these shippers in China can be a pain in the ass and try to make me pay for return shipping which is almost more than the unit itself.

Any suggestions? I’ve only bought a couple of things on eBay before and never had anything damaged


Just file a claim through eBay or PayPal, if the seller isn't reasonable.
kerp is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.