GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Started replacing every bushing in the rear end with Powerflex black series. It's been a long road so far. Damaged one of the lower control arms pressing out the oem bushing. Ordered a new one, pressed in the new bushing fine. Got to the toe arm and damaged one of those too because it slipped off the press plate pressing the new sleeve in. Ordered spulen control arms and am now waiting for those to arrive before moving on. So far the upper control arm has new bushings, both lower control arms, and rear trailing arms.

Jcarollo765

Ready to race!

Boscogn

Go Kart Champion
Found a dime sized chunk of paint (and metal) missing off of the center of my rear caliper, not sure if it happened naturally over the winter or during a sloppy brake installation I had paid for a few months ago. If it was just paint, I could touch it up, but there's metal material missing. Not even worth bringing up to the shop as it happened months ago and I can't prove shit. As I was fuming about this mentally, I grabbed a freshly bought hot tea and as I was getting out of my car and the lid collapsed in on itself and I spilled hot tea all over myself and the right bolster of my driver seat. So I bought one of these suckers.

https://www.amazon.com/Bissell-3624...e=UTF8&qid=1521488514&sr=8-4&keywords=bissell

Eventful day to say the least

Lol I've had those days. Sounds like maybe someone was prying on the caliper with screwdriver? Got any pics? I would tell the shop anyways and see what happens.

Boscogn

Go Kart Champion
I opened a year and a half insurance claim for missed work at another shop and they paid for it. I was shocked. I had a torn LCA bushing and fucked up strut bearing. Since they were messing with subframe and it needed an alignment I had them install my 034MS subframe stiff kit too.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Edy.Ct

Go Kart Champion
Summer wheels, check! :D
Rotiform Las-R 8.5x19, ET45
15mm spacers in the front and SRS-Tec GT wide fenders because TT-RS brakes

sniper27

Go Kart Champion

Test fit the oem ebay sideskirts I bought last week. Seems a little long, but I don't know if that's how they're supposed to be though. Other than that they fit perfectly and they feel solid. They sit on straight with no sags, so I can't complain. The paint on them is perfect too, but they didn't have CSG so I had to go with the shark blue and they'll be repainted csg next week hopefully.

It didn't include the retainer, but I feel like with the 3 screws on the bottom and the screw in the front fender liner it should be fine with the 3m tape across the top.

It's "normal" for the back to be a few millimeters longer. I installed with just 3M tape along the top with the 4 OEM screws and it's fine.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
It's "normal" for the back to be a few millimeters longer. I installed with just 3M tape along the top with the 4 OEM screws and it's fine.

Yup, that's exactly what I saw, just a few mm long in the back.

I figured they'd be fine with just using those screws and the tape, but I decided to order the retainers anyway lol

They'll just make me a feel a little better.

I dropped them off for paint this morning, so I'll probably still be waiting on the retainers before I can install them.

For a complete oem set up it cost me right around $600. Skirts were $330 on ebay, paint is gonna be $200, and the retainers were $83 from ecs. It's still more than I wanted to pay, but I didn't feel comfortable ordering any of the cheap reps, and even good aftermarket skirts would have been at least $500 before paint and then oem is like $1200...

Last edited:

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
Pics installed. Excuse the filthy mats

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Great Pedals Jay, I have those in my 996, and wouldn't you know they fit the lil ol Golf too. Works great at the track but a bit pain in the A$$ for daily driving with hiking boots or wide shoes BUT then again your GTI is only used for track.

Mine are black tho, not as pretty as yours. LoL

Cheers !

EDIT: Here is the link where I found mine, the lifter plate not required by me in the 996 but the VW pedals and seating position is so bad for heel toe, I had to add the Lifter Plate to the Golf.
https://rennlist.com/forums/997-forum/744249-installed-rennline-gas-pedal.html

Last edited:

Blakcard

Autocross Newbie
Installed a new rear clamp that had rusted off. Noise was unbearable after a while. Really made me appreciate the quietness of the exhaust. Gotta look at a downpipe though.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Blakcard

Autocross Newbie
Oh yeah... warmed up enough to put these on. Bought them off a member here. Easy to put on.. protect the sides from road rash and other drivers from rooster tails lol

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk