GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 2.5 today?

Wascally Wabbit1

Drag Racing Champion
.....Between 6 and 8.5 it is a rocket ship.

Oops typo. I meant 7.5. Seeing as the tac stops at 8 I would recommend not trying for 8500. 7500 seemed like a good time to shift as it sounds like it is about to explode. I figure they take it to almost 8000 on their video so I should be good. Granted they don't rely on theirs getting them to work everyday.

Dartregor

Ready to race!
Oops typo. I meant 7.5. Seeing as the tac stops at 8 I would recommend not trying for 8500.

IE has a built engine of ours that revs out to 9400. Albeit its got pistons, rods, springs and retainers, 80mm TB, PnP head, SRI, and some camshaft they made. but hey all NA that puts down 280hp and about 200 trq. and thats on pump fuel too.

that being said i think our non built engines with just new springs and retainers are good for 7500 reliably.

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
Oops typo. I meant 7.5. Seeing as the tac stops at 8 I would recommend not trying for 8500. 7500 seemed like a good time to shift as it sounds like it is about to explode. I figure they take it to almost 8000 on their video so I should be good. Granted they don't rely on theirs getting them to work everyday.
Wear ear plugs :p

Oh man. That's a bummer. So do you have to program it through the phone?
All our phones are Apple so now the Eonon Android radio is the only device that can connect to the OBD11 dongle but also need the little piece of paper (lost) that came with the OBD11 to get it working again.

IE has a built engine of ours that revs out to 9400. Albeit its got pistons, rods, springs and retainers, 80mm TB, PnP head, SRI, and some camshaft they made. but hey all NA that puts down 280hp and about 200 trq. and thats on pump fuel too.

that being said i think our non built engines with just new springs and retainers are good for 7500 reliably.
Over 7500 rpm, you should be more concerned of the accessory belt jumping off.

EDIT: After reading this article I now want more .... .
https://www.topgear.com/car-news/motorsport/meet-544bhp-vw-beetle

Last edited:

Rickybobbi

Ready to race!
Put my rims back on. Need to lift my rear about an inch tho. Since the genius that installed my coils didn't put the strut bearings back. Now that they are in the car sits an inch higher in the front and the rear looks like it will rub heavy. Front is at 25 and rear is about 24. Looks so dumb!

As far as the map sensor goes....so far so good no engine light but havnt really driven the car lately being off work these 2 weeks.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

Wascally Wabbit1

Drag Racing Champion
Are you talking about the rear spring perches (ie the rubber doughnuts above and below the rear spring). That would definitely make it ride a bit on the low side. Bring it down here to SoCal. Throw some curb feelers on it, dingleberries all around. Throw the rims on backwards with some chrome mudflaps. You'll fit right in.

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
Put my rims back on. Need to lift my rear about an inch tho. Since the genius that installed my coils didn't put the strut bearings back. Now that they are in the car sits an inch higher in the front and the rear looks like it will rub heavy. Front is at 25 and rear is about 24. Looks so dumb!
Nathan, aren't they coilovers??? Can't you turn the adjusting rings to raise the car ???

Rickybobbi

Ready to race!
The piece that was missing was the front strut bearing. Now that those are installed the car lifted about an inch in the front. And ya they are coilovers. Raising the rear tomorrow probably.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
Last edited:

Wascally Wabbit1

Drag Racing Champion
I remember you said somethjng about the dust boot on the light for heat I think but do these stick out farther than stock. I ask because the catcb can is right at the dust oot and it can't move any further back because of the hood strut.

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
I remember you said somethjng about the dust boot on the light for heat I think but do these stick out farther than stock. I ask because the catcb can is right at the dust oot and it can't move any further back because of the hood strut.
With the LEDs installed, you can install the dust boots.

It's cool 50 degrees here, I have the dust boots installed since new without any problems. When it gets warmer I will wash the engine down and remove the dust boots.

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
Son has Golf, so went Indoor Go Karting tonight with a bunch of Stock Traders, they paid for me to kick their A$$es :lol:, as I'm an our o work bum. The pavement was still cold and the humidity high so lots of slipping and sliding.... love driving sideways in four way drift.:thumbsup:

The Golf is such a great front wheel drive car you almost forget that it is!!! When the ESC spoils the fun unplug the wheel speed sensor until sanity returns.

Last edited:

Dartregor

Ready to race!
Not something most people do but went and used my hatch to pick up my new fire pit for the back yard. Dont think the other customers and employees liked me blasting acdc while i was loading.

As it turns out about 700 lbs in the rear puts my stance right about where i want it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wascally Wabbit1

Drag Racing Champion
Finally found a manual, non-multifunction GTI steering wheel. I've been looking for the last 6 months. Those suckers are hard to come by. Pretty happy with the leather jetta wheel but the gti flat bottom wheel is pretty sweet.

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
Finally found a manual, non-multifunction GTI steering wheel. I've been looking for the last 6 months. Those suckers are hard to come by. Pretty happy with the leather jetta wheel but the gti flat bottom wheel is pretty sweet.
Great find, you must be the luckiest one here finding all these nice parts.

:needpics:,... if no pics, are posted within the hour you have to hand over said GTI Steering wheel to me without question,...!