GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 2.5 today?

Wascally Wabbit1

Drag Racing Champion
Trasded in my MK6 for a MX5 hard top convertible.

Fot the day at least.

Rented this to drive to Phoenix for the Arizona Mile Flat Track races.

Fun little (and I mean LITTLE) car. My golf would beat it in a drag race no problem but in the twisties this car would be tough to beat. 5 hour drive through the dessert was a blast. Flying home though.

Last edited:

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
Trasded in my MK6 for a MX5 hard top convertible.

Fot the day at least.

Rented this to drive to Phoenix for the Arazona Mile Flat Track races.

Fun little (and I mean LITTLE) car. My golf would beat it in a drag race no problem but in the twisties this car would be tough to beat. 5 hour drive through the dessert was a blast. Flying home though.
Wow you had me going with the tade-in :lol:

Great road trip when I'm in CA next time I'll try to rent one of those.

Wascally Wabbit1

Drag Racing Champion
Instead of using a filter on the catch can I am going to try venting into a horseradish bottle.

I'm curious why more people don't do this. I noticed my engine ran smoother when I remover the filter so there must have been some pressure building up. I have seen people just remove their pcv hoses and stick them in a 1 liter bottle (where I got the idea) which is a very unwise thing to do but not seen people vent the catch can this way. I have seen people leave the cleaning valve open with a hose running under the car but still using the air filter. I think it's to scrub more oil from the vapor. Anyway if you ask me this is the way to set it up. Definitely the way it's staying on my setup.

FlowMK6

Ready to race!
Intake manifold is finally installed, had some issues with the PCV hose from USP motorsport, since I have a vacuum pump delete, I have to supply the brake booster with vacuum

Car is not tuned for the moment and I can definitely feel the torque loss at low rpm through mid range... Near 5000rpm it start to kick until 7200, sound change dramatically near 5000, I like it, pretty happy of the purchase, will try to get tuned this week and should receive the catch can thursday, I will put the catch can at lowest possible point so the hoses will be over the catch can, during cold temp, the oil won't condensate in the hose in absence of vacuum, it will fall right in the catch can

Did a vaccum leak test with smoke, the o-ring of cylinder #3 leaks, I order new o-ring for every injectors, I will replace the seal at the same time I do my oil change

Wascally Wabbit1

Drag Racing Champion
Very nice. Are you running the brake boost off of the intake manifold ports. That's what IE told me they were meant to be used for. Might free up some hoses and help with the PCV. Is that the IE CAI as well installed?

jones5377

Hello All, I'm new here, but I've read all of your tips and you all have some great rides. I bought my Mk6 Sportwagen used with 37k miles 2 years ago. I put a lot of thought into what I wanted. I really weighed the cost vs benefit and this is what I cam up with so far . . .
I started with Koni Coilovers and put them on last summer with OZ wheels & ContiContact tires.
Last week I took it to 034Motorsport and had my 60k service, Stage 1 Mounts, Dogbone and Billet Insert, Swaybar, aFe dry pro air cleaner, ECS Under crank pulley and improved subframe bolts installed.
Yesterday I installed the ECS Hatch Pop Kit and AWE Tuning Pedal covers.
Next week I'm doing clear marker lights and window tinting. I love this thread. I'll post more pics in the future. Thanks for your inspirations.

Rickybobbi

Ready to race!
Hello All, I'm new here, but I've read all of your tips and you all have some great rides. I bought my Mk6 Sportwagen used with 37k miles 2 years ago. I put a lot of thought into what I wanted. I really weighed the cost vs benefit and this is what I cam up with so far . . .
I started with Koni Coilovers and put them on last summer with OZ wheels & ContiContact tires.
Last week I took it to 034Motorsport and had my 60k service, Stage 1 Mounts, Dogbone and Billet Insert, Swaybar, aFe dry pro air cleaner, ECS Under crank pulley and improved subframe bolts installed.
Next week I'm doing clear marker lights and window tinting. I love this thread. I'll post more pics in the future. Thanks for your inspirations.

You dont look low. Could just be the angle the picture was taken. Nice car tho. I dig the white.

KanyesChest

Ready to race!

Looks great! I don't see too many modded wagons in either BC or TO

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
Updated the Ignition Timing Maps today with the data logged ones from the MK5 Rabbit,... not perfect but took a small step forward.

EDIT: Son doesn't like me playing with the car tho;... may Dyno it to see where I am, if I can get use of the Golf.

Last edited:

FlowMK6

Ready to race!
Very nice. Are you running the brake boost off of the intake manifold ports. That's what IE told me they were meant to be used for. Might free up some hoses and help with the PCV. Is that the IE CAI as well installed?

I traded my AFE intake for a neuspeed because it does fit pretty well, I didn't use the vacuum port on the intake manifold, I used the vacuum port on the throttle for the PCV and the brake booster using vacuum T fittings, you could use the fittings under the intake manifold, but for me it was extra piping length and no issues so far with my current vaccum routing

I received the catch can today and installed it, I had difficulty to find an ideal spot for it since it's a universal catch can, here is the result

It's not like I wanted to do it, I would have like to install it near the headlights at the lowest point, but had some issues, so I put it there, it's easy to access and remove

As for the tune, tomorrow I have a free day, I might drive to Montreal and get tuned :)

FlowMK6

Ready to race!
Looks like a good fit to me. Plus you want to have access to it so you can clean it.

Yep and something I like from that catch can is the price and the "dipstick" on it, I can quickly check oil level on the catch can

I have a rendezvous today, I should be tuned by 2pm :)

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
Yep and something I like from that catch can is the price and the "dipstick" on it, I can quickly check oil level on the catch can

I have a rendezvous today, I should be tuned by 2pm :)

Great let us know the results.

Dyno... ?

I'm not knocking your catch can it looks like a great setup but it looks a bit small.

If so, Summer maybe ok but will fill up in a few days in the winter.... believe me I've done it.