GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ChiChat17: Boosted Learns How To Cook

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
the way you described the servers i just about spit out my cafe bustello :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Sorry didn't mean to cost you $8.95. My bad.

Chipotle?

LOL no doubt

A cool vibe atmosphere does not automatically mean the food sucks. But it's usually a good indicator of someone "trying hard".

I've been in a lot of places where it was clear they were focused on atmosphere first, high food prices second, and food that actually tastes good like 25th.

I remember hitting up some sandwich place downtown for lunch. Advertised themselves as a sort of deli, and I was in the mood for a good deli sandwich.

They had all kinds of fucked up shit, and nothing normal. Who the fuck wants to eat Raspberry-Okra potato chips? I mean, da fuq? Oh that's right: hipsters, and young millennial college grads working their first sales job in the Loop pretending to be "fancy" and "cultured".

bart2278

Go Kart Champion
Things i enjoy the smell of

1. gasoline (in small amounts)
2. the smell my car makes when i hoon up to a stoplight
3. portillos cheeseburger char smell
4. fast orange hand cleaner
5. harimbue gummy bears
6. grass (not the lawn type)

:iono:

Is that Portillos any count? They are building one close to my house, and the last thing we need is more shitty restaurants.

Restaurants they have built semi-recently that didn't suck. (For context):

Cheddars
Primanti Bros
Jaggers

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
Sorry didn't mean to cost you $8.95. My bad.

LOL no doubt

A cool vibe atmosphere does not automatically mean the food sucks. But it's usually a good indicator of someone "trying hard".

I've been in a lot of places where it was clear they were focused on atmosphere first, high food prices second, and food that actually tastes good like 25th.

I remember hitting up some sandwich place downtown for lunch. Advertised themselves as a sort of deli, and I was in the mood for a good deli sandwich.

They had all kinds of fucked up shit, and nothing normal. Who the fuck wants to eat Raspberry-Okra potato chips? I mean, da fuq? Oh that's right: hipsters, and young millennial college grads working their first sales job in the Loop pretending to be "fancy" and "cultured".

been there done that^

lots of gimmicky things i dont care for.

basically this...
"our special today is a cobb salad using locally sourced seaweed from lake michigan, the dressing is a srirachi aioli."

yeah ill take a steak and the beer flight.

cafe bustello is cheap coffee lol $8.95 i can buy 2 jars of it :lol:

Not all millennials are that way bro
you sure brobst?
Is that Portillos any count? They are building one close to my house, and the last thing we need is more shitty restaurants.

Restaurants they have built semi-recently that didn't suck. (For context):

Cheddars
Primanti Bros
Jaggers

is gene and judes overrated ? be honest? never been there. anyone?

probably get a better hot dog at portillos. :iono:

TSI_Guy

Go Kart Champion
Primanti Bros is pretty good. I've been to the one here a few times. Nothing special tbh.

bart2278

Go Kart Champion
Primanti Bros is pretty good. I've been to the one here a few times. Nothing special tbh.

You guys probably have unicorn restaurants up there that are heavenly, we have very little around here that's not a super chain. So I ask again, scale of 1-10, how is Portillo's? Am I about to ride an orgasmo train or no?

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
basically this...
"our special today is a cobb salad using locally sourced seaweed from lake michigan, the dressing is a srirachi aioli."

LOL yup.

"Ok yeah that's great. Do you have, like, just a burger? Like with ketchup and cheese? And fries made from regular old potatoes?"

cafe bustello is cheap coffee lol $8.95 i can buy 2 jars of it :lol:

OK never heard of it :)

I don't remember. I had it once, I know that. It wasn't awful?

It's hard to fuck up a hotdog.

Hot Doug's was really good. He had a lot of interesting stuff on the menu.

My favorite hot dog used to be the Jumbo Char dog from Stash's in downtown Highland Park. Mouth waters just thinking about it. But they closed, too.

Gold Coast char dogs are pretty good. Typical Chicago dog.

Really, so long as it's charred, hot dogs all kinda taste the same to me.

I've been on a charred Polish Sausage kick lately from Tommy's Red Hots in LITH.

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
You guys probably have unicorn restaurants up there that are heavenly, we have very little around here that's not a super chain. So I ask again, scale of 1-10, how is Portillo's? Am I about to ride an orgasmo train or no?

I don't mind Portillos. We go on occasion.

It's ok? Expensive.

People who RAVE about it are all people who don't live here or have one nearby. But I mean, I think it's pretty good. Most of my friends who are Chicago natives, but moved away, always (always!) require one Portillo's trip before they leave town.

Their beef sandwiches are good. I almost always order the Beef'N'Cheddar croissant when I go, along with a charred Italian sausage. And a chocolate malt.

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
A lot of people love portillos. I grew up with one right up the street from my house and I currently work less than 30 seconds from one. It's ok. I'd probably rate it 7.8

If I didn't eat it so often for so many years I'd probably think it's better, just really burnt out on it.

Summed up well.

bart2278

Go Kart Champion
Good enough, unfortunately since it's the first one around my area there's a good chance there will be a line to eat their food, so I won't he eating it until it calms down.

TSI_Guy

Go Kart Champion
I liked it when I went to Chicago. The fries and cheese were bomb, the beef was good, but honestly I liked the hot dogs and chili the most. I didn't have the cake shake which a lot of peeps in here like.

It was good, Jay is spot on with that rating. It's definitely good, but it's not something out of this world. Just a good ole meal.

brobst

Go Kart Champion
been there done that^

lots of gimmicky things i dont care for.

basically this...

cafe bustello is cheap coffee lol $8.95 i can buy 2 jars of it [emoji38]

you sure brobst?

Idk man I thought millenials were 90s babies till I looked this up.

Now I really don't think I connect with 90s the same after like '93.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Jaber

Modero

I love me portillos. Haven't been there in a while doe. Could go for some soon.

As for Gene & Judes, I felt that place was overrated. By our old house, there's a hotdog place called Rand Red's Hot, pretty much the same deal, for no long ass lines and place is clean.

Status
Not open for further replies.