GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Need Some Guidance on PCV Etcetera

bart2278

Go Kart Champion
I'm having some boost issues. I just pulled the dip stick and opened the oil filler cap at the same time, and there was no change in the cars behavior. I read that there should be a change if your vehicle is not hemorrhaging air somewhere. I just changed my PCV like two months ago. What the actual fuck is going on with my car? Also, around the 4k RPM mark the car acts like it wants to cut out, and with throw misfire codes if I keep it at 4k for an extended period of time. Is there any advice out there that is definitive? I have read some threads, but they didn't seem to nail down the issue.

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Check for an oil leak where the transmission meets the engine, could have been a faulty PCV blew out your rear main seal.

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Check for an oil leak where the transmission meets the engine, could have been a faulty PCV blew out your rear main seal.

This^
Or the PCV has failed again! I had a brand new genuine PCV fail only two weeks after replacement and it took the rear main with it, VW warrantied the PCV but took no responsibility for the rear main unfortunately!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bart2278

Go Kart Champion
Did a leak test and snooped everything, and I found the culprit. Thank you guys for your input. Was not the PCV btw

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Well???
Did a leak test and snooped everything, and I found the culprit. Thank you guys for your input. Was not the PCV btw

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

bart2278

Go Kart Champion
Well I fixed the leak on the turbo, and that helped, but I'm still getting misfires around 4k. I have replaced the plugs, coils, went over the tune and detuned to a file I know it wasn't misfiring, checked MAF/MAP. I don't know what could be causing the misfire. Someone said could be unbalanced crank or spun bearing, but I hope that is not the case. Anybody have any idea.

I'm getting:

P0300-Random/Multiple Cylinder Misfire
P0304-Cylinder 4 Misefire
P0302-Cylinder 2 Misefire
P130A-Hide Cylinder

I have the same thing going on, I am told to replace Intake manifold . I am having it looked into. Common problem

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bart2278

Go Kart Champion
I have a brand new intake. Updated revision. Maybe I need to look at it. Thanks for your input

Mk6 Steve

Ready to race!
I’ve never had a pcv last more than a year....hence why I run a catch can kit for the warmer months. I just had a misfire in cylinder 2+3 going wot. This is 3 weeks after a carbon cleaning. Came home, let the car cool down, removed the latest and greatest pcv that ecs tuning has to offer and oil was pouring out of it! I imagine there’s a decent amount of oil in the intercooler now so come this fall I’ll need to remove it and clean it out. BUT....after installing the 034 catch can I boosted to 30.5 on a 85* night and not a hint of a misfire ever since.

bart2278

Go Kart Champion
I’ve never had a pcv last more than a year....hence why I run a catch can kit for the warmer months. I just had a misfire in cylinder 2+3 going wot. This is 3 weeks after a carbon cleaning. Came home, let the car cool down, removed the latest and greatest pcv that ecs tuning has to offer and oil was pouring out of it! I imagine there’s a decent amount of oil in the intercooler now so come this fall I’ll need to remove it and clean it out. BUT....after installing the 034 catch can I boosted to 30.5 on a 85* night and not a hint of a misfire ever since.

I'm working on getting a catch can, but they are just so damn expensive

Mk6 Steve

Ready to race!
Gotta pay to play my man.....