GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ChiChat17: Boosted Learns How To Cook

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
Raging sinuses, I hate you pollen! I HATE YOU!

flying_solo

Go Kart Champion
Ford GT onboard engine sounds sound meh. Why couldn’t they take the voodoo and do more voodoo to it vs the ecoboost

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
ChiChat17: Sportsball; Tunes Void Your Warranty; Whats For Lunch; Yeah

Ford GT onboard engine sounds sound meh. Why couldn’t they take the voodoo and do more voodoo to it vs the ecoboost

Efficiency, packaging, and development dollars. The V8 is dead. The V6 ecoboost is the future. It would have been a waste to develop a one off version of the voodoo. Also, with the extensive buttress aero in the back there were packaging constraints. I mean it makes 650 hp, 550lbft, and weighs 3000lbs. Power isn’t an issue. It’s a clean sheet, purpose built Le Mans car, not a modern day version of the original like the 2005 model. It was built to win, not appease consumers.

flying_solo

Go Kart Champion
It does not appease me and the v8 is not dead!

Also, looks like the new 911 Caymans (see what I did there) BOP is better than the GT this year. Too bad it’s no longer a real 911.

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
It does not appease me and the v8 is not dead!

Also, looks like the new 911 Caymans (see what I did there) BOP is better than the GT this year. Too bad it’s no longer a real 911.

It’s dead mang. Nobody likes it, but it’s true. For the internal combustion engine to survive, the v8 has to die. Get em while you can. It’ll all be electric soon.

flying_solo

Go Kart Champion
It’s dead mang. Nobody likes it, but it’s true. For the internal combustion engine to survive, the v8 has to die. Get em while you can. It’ll all be electric soon.

You are succumbing to defeat too soon. Most manufacturers are still putting out V8s. Heck, we are in a sort of ICE Golden age of power and efficiency.

Status
Not open for further replies.