GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 2.5 today?

brutaledge_

Is there a shorter belt you have to use as well?

If you're using the under drive pulley, yes. If you have just the lightweight pulley, you can use the same belt, no problem. However, depending on how many miles you're at, it may be nice to go ahead and replace the belt with a new one while you're there.

Wascally Wabbit1

Drag Racing Champion
If you're using the under drive pulley, yes. If you have just the lightweight pulley, you can use the same belt, no problem. However, depending on how many miles you're at, it may be nice to go ahead and replace the belt with a new one while you're there.

Ya I have the standard lightweight pulley. I actually bought it on sale for $40 with the intent of making a shop clock out of it. My stepdad has a clock workshop and tons of parts.

brutaledge_

Ya I have the standard lightweight pulley. I actually bought it on sale for $40 with the intent of making a shop clock out of it. My stepdad has a clock workshop and tons of parts.

Oh that's super cool! I'm not sure what kind of performance you'll gain in comparison to the under drive lightweight pulley but for $40, dollar to performance gain is not bad at all!

Either way, shop clock or performance upgrade, it will turn out awesome.

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
On Saturday, we had to cut our our time down south short due to a Family emergency:(, drove the 16 hours back to Canada, only stopping for gas.

We ssem to have developed an exhaust leak, need to track that down.

brutaledge_

On Saturday, we had to cut our our time down south short due to a Family emergency:(, drove the 16 hours back to Canada, only stopping for gas.

We ssem to have developed an exhaust leak, need to track that down.

Sorry to hear you had a family emergency. Hopefully everything turned out OK.

As for the exhaust, depending on where its located, are you planning on patching or replacing? That USP Test Pipe is mean.

https://www.uspmotorsports.com/USP-2.5L-Rabbit-Jetta-High-Flow-Catalytic-Converter.html

Dartregor

Ready to race!
Sorry to hear about that MLue. Hope everything is ok.

So the other day i noticed a slightly clunk in my handbreak and then more travel in it. So im inspecting them and noticed the end ball came outa its cradle on the rear brake. Is this cause of a cable snap?

Im guessing it is cause i can grab the end of it and move it forward and back about 3/4”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dartregor

Ready to race!
I may post a couple times today as im installing my suspension and coilovers. But jesus christ this god damn bolt wont budge.

Ive spent enough time playing with it so the next plan is cut off wheel since i have a new bolt anyways.

brutaledge_

Damn! I remember the sway bar end link bolts being touch to crack. The end link bolt was what got me stuck for about 20 minutes even on a brand new car way back when I installed my coilovers.

Good luck on the rest of the install! Cant wait to see how it turns out. Hopefully you took a before and after in the same spot to get a nice comparison?

usefulidiot

Go Kart Champion
Sending positive thoughts your way Mark.

brutaledge_

Hot damn, that looks killer! Its a shame those beautiful parts will be hard to see once you're stanced.

Dartregor

Ready to race!
Working on the front still but have to quit for the day cause of a prior engagement. But the back is all done. Just have to drop the height. Cause at the moment its at atock height still [emoji23]. Adjusting the toe of the rear tires was fun and took me about an hour to get it pretty close and lock it all down. But heres a pic with it all done minus the tire.

And as a precaution i applied nickel antisieze to the spring seat threads and ran them all the way up and all the way back off before installing. Damn salted roads.

Tomorrows list in finish installing all the parts. Flush out the brake fluid which almost all of it is empty now except the front right brake line. Fix the height, and go get a proper alignment if i can find a shop that does rear end too.