GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

93serprise

Ready to race!
Damn dude !!! Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dustbunny227

Autocross Champion
Jesus. Why do the headliners sag!? Was it just a defect on certain model years? If mine starts sagging Im ripping it off.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
^ Heat and humidity! Even central VA, I replaced mine 2 years ago....

Yup, I'm in FL where its 90+ degrees and 100% humidity sometimes. My 2011 started sagging when it was only 2 or 3 years old.

Blakcard

Autocross Newbie
Finally got my bumper parts back from the shop. He was having a bunch of issues with the powdercoating, but he got it figured out.

looks really good!

93serprise

Ready to race!
Patiently waiting for my revised k04 tune from Stratified.

Phur

Autocross Champion
My headliner is just starting. My wife has an 06 Jetta that we have had for 9 years now so I am very aware that headliner sage is a thing. It just sucks to see it deteriorating. I try so hard to keep all of my belongings pristine.

Here’s where mine is now...

Phur

Autocross Champion
Jesus. Why do the headliners sag!? Was it just a defect on certain model years? If mine starts sagging Im ripping it off.

I’m not sure where it starts or stops (if it even does) as far as years. It is a problem in both VW and Audi.

93serprise

Ready to race!
Same location.. mine started this summer.

I am in Tyler and it started sagging about a year ago. Freakin Texas heat !!

drval85

Go Kart Newbie
I have a 2009 GTI. Just replaced the headliner yesterday. Not super difficult, took 2-3 hours to pull it and same to replace. Give it a shot if it have the time.

Phur

Autocross Champion
I’m wondering if a good quality window tint would help mitigate the issue. Also keeping the sunroof closed in the summertime when it’s parked.

Andrew429

Ready to race!
Installed an H&R 24mm rear sway bar last night, along with new end links and the sway bar bushings. I got the sway bar for free from my friend who is selling his MKV GLI, all I had to do was put his OEM one on. What a difference it makes, just need new tires now.