GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

smanierre

Autocross Champion
all of it, i imagine....

I was just asking because of the fuel. I talked with Ryan (HYDE-16) a while back about fueling stuff since my plan is for a GTX3076, and he was saying he wasn't able to get enough fuel out of the TTRS pump and had to go with a Walbro 450 with a custom basket made by PPT. On the dyno he did recently I think he is making ~450. If the TTRS pump is running out there, I don't think it will be enough, especially if he plans on getting the most out of the 3071 which I imagine is good for around 500 at the wheels, probably more.

Jemin_G

Go Kart Newbie
That intake just looks mean. I’ve always been curious about the performance of the USP intake. It looks cool as hell and seems like it would be really efficient. I’m running a Carbonio right now which I’m pretty happy with, but I’ve only had the stock setup to compare it to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks!:thumbsup: There were too many options out there, making my head hurt trying to decide on one over the other. I narrowed down to 3 options: yours (the Carbonio), the Forge TwinTake and this one from USP. If I had to pick again, I would go with the Carbonio. I do like the one I have though. Did you have any trouble fitting the closed filter end to the stock location? It looks huge at the front or does it taper down to fit?

BroMoney

Passed Driver's Ed
Busy day for the car yesterday. Car is officially 4 years old so I replaced the windshield wipers (last change 3 yrs), new cabin air filter, new NGK plugs, audi r8 coils, cleaned out my modshack intake (it was filthy but I didn't have a filter cleaning kit so I used compressed air), and put in a Cobb Stage 1+ tune!! Just ordered a stratified flash tune to go with it.

Unfortunately when I had the car in the garage to do work I noticed it's leaking oil (last oil change was end of June at the dealer) and leaking windshield wiper fluid. Dipstick showed normal oil but I filled it up with some Castrol just in case the leak gets worse. It's a slow leak but I'm surprised I still have enough oil. Need to get into the dealer this week asap.

93serprise

Ready to race!
What power are you going for?

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

I am aiming for 450whp, but any more than that would be awesome as well. I am not opposed to water meth injection in the future.

smanierre

Autocross Champion
I am aiming for 450whp, but any more than that would be awesome as well. I am not opposed to water meth injection in the future.

I would definitely consider WM, probably even direct port. A little extra fueling is always good at that power, along with keeping the intake temps down too. The torqbyte group on Fb has a bunch of people who all know a lot about everything WM.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Washed it in the rain.

Phur

Autocross Champion
[emoji106] Been there, done that. It always gets me strange looks from the neighbors though.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
lol, doing it in the rain isn't too bad. I don't get to dry it, but at least I'm not racing to wash it and dry it before the sun dries it for me. I also didn't have to sweat my balls off doing it. It's gonna rain anyway so at least I got all the dirt off it and most important got the brake dust off the wheels.

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Just fixed my girlfriends car out in the rain. Gotta say it was much nicer than sweating my balls off in the sun. Also once you accept the fact you're gonna be soaked, its pretty enjoyable to be out in the rain

GhostGTI1

Banned
Removed the front plate and detailed the interior. Need to wash the car and get a new CQuartz coating bad lol

Oh and finally got a picture next to my truck, big difference in height!

00g0g_icuXRLnS5w2_300x300.jpg

00c0c_kA2Z05DdTJl_300x300.jpg

Jemin_G

Go Kart Newbie
Washed the car yesterday in between the rain episodes. Installed a license plate mount on the tow hook Saturday, put the plate on. Replaced a dirty, weird smelling cabin air filter thanks to a post on here from 2012. Replaced the front blinker lights with a pair of yellow LEDs. One did not want to fit in for some reason, but I got it in after some time. Like the color, more a whitish yellow as opposed to amber (listed as 3000k but I think they are closer to 4000k.) Tried to replace the sidemarker lights with LEDs but the bulb I have was too big for the housing. Then the right bulb decides it wants to stop working when I put it back together. Go figure. Replaced it with a new incandescent bulb until I find a suitable led replacement. LEDs in the low beams, city lights (DRLs), fog lights and license plate lights done 8-8 (Wednesday). Waiting on parts to come so I can hopefully get the radiator fans to work, then get the car inspected, have working A/C, find where coolant is leaking from and where the windshield washer fluid is leaking from.

Attachments

• PSX_20180813_031718.jpg
    PSX_20180813_031718.jpg
    445.5 KB · Views: 85

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
GOOD STUFF! Lol, I thought I was the only crazy person that did this. I do get some strange looks from neighbors and passersby...:eek:

natures spot free rinse , makes you look crazy though yeah.

might as well be outside watering plants. :bellyroll:

tkelly0727

Ready to race!
So after a year and a half I finally got an intercooler.

Better late than never right lol , needed it with this heat in CA.