GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

uglybastard

Autocross Champion

Yakuzi

Ready to race!
Friend picked up an OE style carbon fiber hood for me at Seibons Garage sale this past weekend. Great condition. STUPID CHEAP. cant wait to install it tomorrow.

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Am I the only one that doesn't like that hood? I just feel like it doesn't got at all with the lines on the rest of the car, looks like someone started customizing a car in Need for Speed Underground 2 and had to go do the dishes before mom got home so they weren't able to finish it.

Blakcard

Autocross Newbie
Am I the only one that doesn't like that hood? I just feel like it doesn't got at all with the lines on the rest of the car, looks like someone started customizing a car in Need for Speed Underground 2 and had to go do the dishes before mom got home so they weren't able to finish it.

Yeah....I'm not sure I'm in love with it either but that's their prerogative I guess. Looks like fitment issues around the grill.. I do like the attempt at something different though to stand out from the rest.

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Also to be clear i'm not trying to bash anyone that has one, can do what you want with your car, just tossing my opinion out there.

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
Yeah....I'm not sure I'm in love with it either but that's their prerogative I guess. Looks like fitment issues around the grill.. I do like the attempt at something different though to stand out from the rest.

Not about standing out for me at least. I see weight savings.

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
not the only way to shed weight on these thigns but thats a good amount of weight for sure.

i'd like a molded clear plastic hood because scene points.

Lol, I don't have anything interior wise behind the drivers seats. I've taken a lot of weight out of it and plan to take more.

Yakuzi

Ready to race!

OE style hood looks great imo. Overslept so the hood will be going on... eventually.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Finally finished my timing chains. Almost had a heart attack when the car stalled out the first time I started it. Turns out I just forgot to put the turbo outlet pipe back on. After I got that back on though it started right up. Seems to run smoother but thats probably from the fluidampr I put on as well